VPC-Z2 - Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by maven1975, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maven1975

maven1975 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello,

Anyone with the updated drivers and Modern Warfare 3 want to share their results with this game?

Thanks in advance!

2. Achusaysblessyou

Achusaysblessyou eecs geek ftw :D

Reputations:
    MW3??? :eek: BF3 FTW! haha jk, don't mean to start a MW vs BF thread here. I'd be interested to see how MW3 runs (although considering they're kinda using the same engine as they've had for a while... i think it'll perform just as well as Black Ops or MW2...)

3. Metsn

Metsn Maiku Hama Yokohama

Reputations:
    Well I just finished MW3 on my VGN-Z, so I doubt any VPC-Z would have problem with max. resolution and settings...

4. maven1975

maven1975 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Black Ops was giving me about 45fps on the Z2 I owned @ 720p/No AA/No Shaders.

Thats not so hot. Infinity Ward make better ports. I am interested in the performance with the updated drivers and their port using the (Native) setting under image quality.

Hows BF3 with the PMD and updated drivers? I tried the beta before sending the Z back and it was not very good.

:)

5. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think there is a lot more of optimization needed for the PMD, the newer drivers are better but the main part of changes is the intel driver update.

6. killer626

killer626 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    MW3 is very well optimized: since it uses a very old graphics engine, it is scaled to run on pretty much anything that is or was a gaming machine.

BTW I run a 1600*900 Medium Settings @ 60fps constantly on my Z1 (see sig) with stock crappy drivers (f uck sony but let's not get into that here, between MW3vsBF3 and Sony's graphics drivers, this thread could get heated ^^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.