1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

VPC-F12C5E: Pioneer BD-ROM BDC-TD03 won't read DVDs

Discussion in 'Sony' started by u01jmg3, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. u01jmg3

u01jmg3 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I bought my Sony VAIO F12 earlier this year and it seems my BD-ROM will play blu-rays and CDs but cannot recognise DVDs. Is this correct? Every time I put a DVD in, it demands I insert a disc that isn't empty. It can also write CDs and, as well as me thinking it could read DVDs, I thought it could write them too.

I always assumed if you had a BD-ROM it inherited the ability to read CDs and DVDs just like a DVD-ROM inherits the ability to read CDs. Am I wrong in my assumption? My assumption is just on reading the aforementioned formats, haven't bothered mentioning about writing.

Cheers.

2. anseio

anseio All ways are my ways.

Reputations:
    The BDROM is supposed to be able to read BD, DVD, and CD. If it's not reading DVD, you might want to try uninstalling it via Device Manager, reboot, and let it be rediscovered/reinstalled. If that does not solve the problem, you should contact Sony for a replacement or something.