Volvo Polestar 2 BEV promises 400 hp, 350 mile range

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by saturnotaku, Jan 24, 2019.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    https://www.autonews.com/cars-conce...mpaign=20190123&utm_content=article5-readmore

Here's a concept, what if a real car company created a better electric mousetrap? One built in a high-tech factory, and not a tent? One with a distribution system called a dealer network, where customers can see and try the car before they buy it, order one to the specifications desired, have it fixed in a timely and reputable manner, and be covered by a real warranty?

Then eventually, it can be traded in for a new one, and the pre-owned better electric mousetrap can be legitimately reconditioned and offered as a Certified Pre-Owned unit at OEM specs, not those of Manheim Auto Auctions? Then it can be sold and financed again at this same, magical, place called a dealership where the customer can see it, and drive it home the very same day they pay for it without the 3+ month wait?

hmscott likes this.
  2. Convel

Convel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've never managed to get passionate about Volvos, finding especially their styling a bit uninspiring. That's a simple matter of preference, however, and I know many people who love the XC90. I can appreciate Volvo's focus on safety and reliability. I think Volvo is smart to let their Polestar arm spearhead technology, allowing the Polestar 2 to be the first EV running Android Auto natively. Their inclusion of Nvidia Drive AGX will supposedly allow for level 4 autonomy in the future. An interior that isn't polarising helps too.

[​IMG]

https://9to5google.com/2019/02/27/volvo-polestar-2-android-auto/

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Electric Startup Polestar Opens R&D Center to Challenge Tesla
    Bloomberg Technology
    Published on May 8, 2019
    May.08 -- Polestar Chief Executive Officer Thomas Ingenlath discusses the opening of a U.K. engineering operation aimed at developing future electric performance vehicles. He speaks on "Bloomberg Technology."

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Convel likes this.