Vista display issues

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Bog, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vladvlad

vladvlad Newbie

Reputations:
    hmmm. When installing the driver and choosing "Custom" the installation simply tells me that I have no installable components :-( . When on express, the installation completes, but my driver does not change.

I have stretching on the wide screen of the laptop because the new driver does not install for some reason, and microsoft VGA driver isnt working properly: I cant set the resolution higher than 1024x768.

What version of vista are you using (mine is Business 6000) ?
    When you go to display settings->advanced->properties->driver, what year and version of display driver does it show? Perhaps I could just find the driver somewhere.

My laptop is also Toshiba A70,3.06GHz,1150MBram,60GB HDD@7200rpm, ATI Radeon IGP 128MB, 15.4" wide display. Thus I think that the driver should install on my system as well, but no luck :-(

thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Vlad

2. Bog

Bog Losing it...

Reputations:
    I uninstalled Vista Ultimate (ver. 6000 RTM) since I wouldn't use it as my primary OS of choice, but I don't remember the video driver version, in XP its version 6.14. Unfortunately I don't know why the driver worked only on my laptop so I can't offer you much help. My only advice is to wait for Vista to mature and hope that ATI writes new drivers designed specifically for the 9100 IGP, although I wouldn't get my hopes up. Even with the 9600's driver I experienced problems as my frame buffer was locked.

PS; The main problem was that even at 1024x768 res, text and graphics looked a little unfocused; because of the standard VGA adapter, I'm sure. The graphics are the way they are because of M$'s driver IS working properly. If you did a fresh install of XP without the manufacturer's drivers, you'd get the same standard VGA adapter.

3. vladvlad

vladvlad Newbie

Reputations:
    :D LOL Can we exchange laptops ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.