1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Virus continually shows on Avast scan: JS:ScriptSH-inf [Trj]

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by JWBlue, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Virus has been detected!
    File Name: passportproductions_com[1].htm
    FileID: 26
    Virus Description: JS:ScriptSH-inf [trj]

I move it to the chest and delete it, but it still shows up on subsequent scans.

How can I remove this from my system?

2. kegobeer

kegobeer 1 hr late but moving fast

Reputations:
  3. DarkSilver

DarkSilver MSI Afterburner

Reputations:
    Try Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware(it is a scanner to scan all those hardcore trojans and malwares/spywares and kill dem!!).
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware website/download, http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    Try SUPERantispyware as well(another scanner to scan trojans n so on and destroy dem)
    SUPERantispyware website/download, http://www.superantispyware.com/

I susgest u to use both of dem.
    After cleaning ur computer using these scanners. Download SpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    SpywareBlaster is a shield to protect u from spywares/trojans while u r browsing internet using internet explorer, chrome or firefox.

ooooo yeah... These software are all FREE!

4. JWBlue

JWBlue Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. metril

metril Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you do a boot time scan? If not, remove the hard drive and attach it to another computer with an antivirus. Make sure you attach it as a slave drive and then do a scan with that computer.

When a drive is attached as a slave, no exe files on the slave can automatically run since the OS will not access the drive without specific user input.

6. Baserk

Baserk Notebook user

Reputations:
    OP, I assume you've read the answer to your post on the Avast forum?
    Use a couple of other programs like SAS and MBAM to clean any possible trojan remnants.