Vindicator Backpacks for 15"?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Kyle English, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Kyle English

Kyle English Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I researched it a bunch and from what I can tell the bag is quite a bit bigger than the 15" laptop. So it won't be snug. It'll prob be fine but make sure you buy it from a place you can return it. Some of the measurements I saw didn't make sense, it seemed like it was going to be literally enormous so I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    How about the original v1 Vindicator 17" and using it with an AW15R3? I'm worried it'll be loose and defeat the point if it's not well protected when trading as a result of it sliding around.

3. Kyle English

Reputations:
    I think a 17 new or old model would be fine. I would have gone with that if I knew better. The 15 is pretty tight in the main compartment.

4. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just to clarify, did you buy the 15" Vindicator 2.0 backpack for your 15R3? And you're saying it's a bit too tight?

My main concern is that it'll be too loose in the 17" 1.0 backpack and that will expose it to being damaged when the backpack gets thrown around a bit (eg in the plane overhead luggage compartment).

5. Kyle English

Reputations:
    I have the 15" 2.0 yes. The laptop compartment isn't too tight. It fits just right.

The main gear compartment is pretty narrow though and doesn't hold all that much. It holds a decent amount but you have to stack things up instead of it falling to the bottom which is ok i guess. But I can fit:

mouse, Xbox controller, headphones in the front pocket

Power adapter, binder, some small things in the main

Laptop in laptop compartment with iPad if needed.

So it fits a bunch it's just a little hard to use because of the size (depth mainly) and that the zippers don't go down all the way.

I think the 17 is about 1" deeper which would help.

Fwiw they don't sell the 15 on Dell anymore and advertise the 17 for the 15r3 models so I'm sure it'll work fine.

Or look into the Orion backpack which is a bit more classically shaped and not as thin if that's what you want.

6. jace888au

jace888au Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks for the input. I decided to buy the v1.0 17" bag which lists compatibility with 15R3. Cheers!