Vindicator Backpacks for 15"?

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Kyle English, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Kyle English

Kyle English Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Curious if anyone has any comparisons on the Vindicator backpacks or knows where to find one.

I got a 15" backpack for my upcoming 15" alienware order, but it's kind of smaller than I expected.

I'm thinking of exchanging for a 17" or 18"?

Quesions: What was the differences between the 1.0 and the new 2.0 backpacks? (18" is only available in the 1.0)

Does anyone know the external size difference between the 17" 2.0 and the 18" 1.0 pack? I don't want it to be sooo bulky and cumbersome.

Thanks

2. agent_mulder

agent_mulder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    IMO, 2.0 is for new Alienware design.

Lozz and MogRules like this.
  3. MogRules

MogRules Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    2.0 is indeed for the newer 17 R4, 15 R3 and 13 R3. I don't know if the laptop won't fit in the 1.0 bags at all or if they just won't fit into the dedicated laptop sleeve inside the bag.

4. agent_mulder

agent_mulder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    AW17 can't fit in Vindicator 17 1.0 for sure, I saw it but AW15 can fit in Vindicator 17 1.0

5. Kyle English

Kyle English Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone know the actual dimensions of the vindicator 2.0?

The only ones I can find listed is like 28x25x15 which makes it like twice as wide as the 17 (21x15x7) which seems incorrect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    It's because the new alienware is also wider/deeper due to the hinge design.

Lozz likes this.
  7. tinker_xp

tinker_xp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Though it's not on Dell's website various 3rd party websites state the dimensions to be "14.25" x 7" x 20"

8. el_pitaya

el_pitaya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody got a similar backpack to carry the AW15R3?? I can't get the Vindicator 2.0 In México :/

9. AnimalOZ

AnimalOZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Maybe contact Dell directly. Sometimes they can special order you parts or accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. ttc

ttc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone hoping that you can help . I own an alienware 15r2 and am hoping to buy a vindicator backpack for it. I have come across a great deal for a new one but it is the 18" and 1.0 version. I know that I wont have any issues in terms of fit of course since the bag is bigger but since I haven't been able to see many photos I was just wondering if this will still be a perfect fit for my laptop, or does it work with some kind of strapping system? and if so does it adjust so that really maybe a bigger bag will actually be an advantage for me other than a deterrent? I just want to make sure that I don't buy the bag and then for some weird reason its too big compared to my laptop and then moves around or becomes damaged etc. I'm assuming everything will be perfect but if anyone owns a 15r2 and has tried either the 17 or 18" which I guess would be the same kind of scenario and could confirm and let me know their thoughts that would be amazing.
    Thanks everyone