Video game Engagement

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by redrazor11, Apr 13, 2012.

?

Game Proposal

1. Teh, Nerdy!

26.7%
  2. OMG Awesome!

6.7%
  3. Cheezy Derp...do something real instead

53.3%
  4. None/Other

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redrazor11

redrazor11 Formerly waterwizard11

Reputations:
    I've been with my significant other for over 4 years now. Since we're graduating college, it's time to start thinking about popping the question...video game style?

What are your thoughts, nerdy? Cheezy? Awesome? I know it's probably a biased crowed here...but playing video games together is something we've been doing together since day 1.

Now, i'm not talking about logging into WoW and proposing over irc-chat during a raid. I'm talking about a game dedicated to the proposal.

It's been done before:
    What are your thoughts on this? I'm working on the game right now...built from scratching using LUA + some external libraries (notably Love2D). I've already got the story together, it's just going to be a simple exploration/"find the next peice of the puzzle to open the next door". Once all pieces have been found, they will be put together and reveal a poem on the back. In which, I propose to her :p

VOTE!

2. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    Nerdy and awesome at the same time. The beauty of it is the time and personal touch you'll be putting into it, and I think it's a great idea. Do understand you will be 'the guy that created a video game to propose to his wife' guy. Are there real conservative relatives, or herself for that matter, that may think you're immature or couldn't ask her directly yourself? And as long as you think she will like it, then absolutely yes.

3. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    Agreed with Fishon. So I can't vote as there's no suitable option. I can only echo his same sentiment.

I hope all works out better than you expect. Nice to enter a life together with your best friend.

4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    As long as she likes to play games, lol. It's like forcing a girl to a baseball game when she abhors it, only to ask her there. I'd say do what would make HER happy, not necessarily what would make you happy.

5. masterchef341

masterchef341 The guy from The Notebook

Reputations:
    That's probably not what she had in mind, so be prepared for that.

6. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
  7. redrazor11

redrazor11 Formerly waterwizard11

Reputations:
    Thanks for some votes of confidence!

Rest assured, we've been playing games together since the day we met and it continues to be a common thread. It's been a great way to interact with each-other even when we're miles apart during school.

I'm not worried about being "the guy who made a video game to propose". If she doesn't like it, she can just tell her friends/family I wrote a sweet poem and and gave her a ring.

BTW this game is going to be supplemental to the "get down on one knee and present jewels". Not a replacement. So (fishon) I will still be asking her, directly when the game completes.

8. Nick

Nick Mr.Mischief

Reputations:
    I don't think that's a bad idea. It's creative and fairly unique.

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Or you could just not get married. Save you lots of time, money, and trouble. But I'm a cynic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.