Vibrations from a laptop cooler - impact on the hardware?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ancientdrake, Aug 26, 2017.

1. ancientdrake

ancientdrake Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I've recently purchased a Schenker H507 (p650rs6) and for a piece of mind I've got a cooling pad under it, specifically the Havit https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooling-HAVIT-Laptop-Cooler-Lighting/dp/B00NNMB3KS . Not the best placement for the fans, but I'm pretty happy with it, except for one thing, it gives off this dullish slight (but enough to feel when I place my hand on the laptop) vibration, all my HDs are ssd, so except the internal fans, I don't think there's anything else moving. Could these slight vibrations have any impact of the hardware lifetime? I have it plugged in and going whenever the laptop is on, which is about good 12 hours or so a day. Last day for me to return it today so thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance!

2. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's most likely a defective fan in the laptop cooler. The ball bearings on these kinds of fan are usually the component that fails.

No risk of damage to your laptop... It's just annoying. So it's up to you to decide whether it is worth returning for refund / replacement.

ancientdrake likes this.
  3. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's more annoying than anything else. I'd return it and get another, or something else if it bothers you.

ancientdrake likes this.
  4. ancientdrake

ancientdrake Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a bunch. In the end I returned it, even though it was pretty decent, the positioning of the fans could've been better and the vibrations were a bit annoying. Nice portablity though.