Very small Winshield Chip

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by JOSEA, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    Due to a stone hitting it I received a one inch chip on my windshield (2005 Subuaru) :mad: I do not drive over 60 Mph and 1 month later is has not gotten any worse. I can not even feel it on the inside of the windshield. Would it be a good idea to follow this: How to Use Krazy Glue to Repair a Windshield | eHow.com ? Safelite AutoGlass wants nearly $200 for repair, one mechanic I know and trust said to leave it alone unless it gets worse. I do not have comprehensive coverage on the vehicle.
    I appreciate any and all input

spradhan01 Thanks a lot for the rapid response!

2. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I had the same issue and I used the fix it yourself(windshield) which is found in walmart. It cost like $10.
    I must say it preety much fixed it. Its been almost like a year and I dont see any hint of it having a chip in past.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    $200 to fix a chip?? I can purchase a brand new windshield for less than 200, and have it delivered and installed... What vehicle do you have?

Most chip repairs around here are $20-$30 for the first and $10-$20 for any other ones after that(in one visit).

4. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    Thanks for the reply Syndrome! +1 I have not done anything yet had it has not gotten worse, I am not anal about my 7 year old Subaru Forrester. Guess I need to shop around if I want it fixed or if it gets worse.

5. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    No problem.
    Just get that walmart thing.
    You should be absolutely fine. It got enough to fill 9-10" or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.