Vertical lines on display issue (14" 2016 Blade)

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Solenya, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Solenya

Solenya Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, hope you're having a great day. I have a 2016 14" FULLHD Razer Blade and the screen began displaying vertical lines when pressed very lightly on the bezel. These eventually became permanent on the middle even though I took great care when carrying it around in my backpack.

So anyway, I did all the razer support thing and it didn't go well. Long story short, I have to replace the screen myself, so I did some research and found that techworksrepair.com sold said screen, but it has been out of stock for about 3 months or so. I tried contacting them through the page but they haven't responded on both attempts. ¿Are they still around? I know the owner @pbhenry3 used to post here.

Alternatively, I was looking at other screens, and this one seems to work (FHD IPS, 14", 30 pin eDP). Can anyone confirm or give me further information on where to get a replacement? I'd really appreciate it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADG45HU7862

Thanks!

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh he could also replace the screen? It’s quite difficult I thought since quite thin and could break the cassis. Did you try to look also on display cable connection inside it? I had 2 vertical line issue also on my Razer Edge, fixed that with only make the display wire tighter, I dropped it several times so some wires were not in right place seemly, it’s maybe a bit difficult to check on Blade since it’s on bottom and you should check if the line are gone by moving/making tight the wire the system on unlike on Razer Edge.

3. Solenya

Solenya Newbie

Reputations:
    I've tried that, sent it to a repair man and he checked that connection but it seems those pixels are gone for good. I was also stupid enough to not ask him to take a picture of the part number, manufacturer, etc. when he disassembled it.