Vega GL now up on Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by BeastOG, Mar 28, 2018.

1. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hmm that's not good. Did you elect for the express 2-4 day shipping or regular shipping?

2. jrocket

jrocket Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Regular(free) shipping. Express probably not worth it considering they're taking so long to ship in the first place.

3. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Can you tell me how the pen is? I actually bought it to use as an art tablet. It's pretty much the same price as a wacom cintiq of similar size but with much better specs. I expected it to be similar to a surface pro or surface book 2 but wasn't able to try the pen out in stores

4. jrocket

Reputations:
    I haven't tested the pen much, but it my initial impression is that it's adequate for the job but not spectacular. strokes are accurate and responsive without much parallax. It does have a hard plastic nib which is unfortunate because I much rather prefer a felt-like nib(like the surface pro 4+) to give more friction and control of your drawing stroke. I'm sure there are or will be third-party alternatives though. I have the non-tilt pen. The tilt pen may be different.

5. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I must be lucky because it shipped sooner and arrived today. Literally a day ahead of the day it was supposed to even leave China. It's pretty nice as a machine but has anyone noticed their pen skipping? It happens somewhat rarely but it's annoying since I bought this for drawing. The screen is also a little dimmer than I would have liked

6. jrocket

Reputations:
    Might be the screen refresh thing. Try turn off Panel Self Refresh in the Intel graphics settings(both on and off battery).

7. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Apparently updating Windows to the fall creator update should help. But more importantly the screen is really strangely dim. Can't be more than 200 nits at the most at max compared to my monitors. Measuring it on a spyder4 says 130 nits, but the spyder isn't the most accurate... How is yours, bright enough?

Edit: nevermind. Compared it against a zbook g3 and it seems to be similar. So I reckon it must be at least 250 nits

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  8. geoxile

geoxile Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sorry for the double post but need a bump. Do you know where in the settings this is? Because I don't see it under Intel's graphics settings or Windows power options.

9. jrocket

Reputations:
    In the Intel settings
    [​IMG]

10. sonny_mv

sonny_mv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The Panel is much dimmed when Battery Saver in Windows Energy Options is active, so I use only "Better Battery". Same for the settings in Intel Graphics settings, when active, the display is dimmed automaticly - go to right-click on desktop -> Intel graphics settings -> Energy -> On-Battery -> Display-Energy-Savings to "off".. Mine has estimated around 300 nits in comparison with my older asus n56vz notebook, which has 290 nits. Tested in new review with 315 nits --> https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Sp...eForce-MX150-Convertible-Review.310720.0.html)..