Vega GL now up on Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by BeastOG, Mar 28, 2018.

1. sam187545

sam187545 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a problem with my Spectre:

After I got it, two days later the PC kept stuck at 0.8Ghz and 3xxMhz for the CPU / Vega GPU.
    The only thing which helped was to reboot the PC and then it was ok for about 10minutes.

To be sure it's not some crap or bloatware running in background I made a clean install of windows and only installed all necessary drivers. For about a half week all went great until yesterday, where all of sudden the problem came back again.

Does anyone has the same problem or has any idea how I could fix it?

2. Bioshaker

Bioshaker Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man -- can you please (pretty please) post your settings for ThrottleStop and please show your voltage output in HWinfo?

Thanks!

3. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sorry, I can't. I don't have the laptop anymore. I didn't do anything fancy with Throttlestop. I just followed the first part of this guide.

4. Bioshaker

Bioshaker Newbie

Reputations:
    OK thanks -- why did you get rid of it?

5. Atma

Atma Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It was running too hot, which I may have eventually been able to control to an extent, but it was mainly too big/heavy for the way I used it. It is a beautiful laptop with a great display though and I kind of miss it.

6. Bioshaker

Bioshaker Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I've got it so it stays under 100 C now and now stops throttling (with AC power) -- only problem left to solve is how to get it to stop shuttering in games while I'm on battery. Something is dropping the gpu / power down on battery just haven't found what it is yet....

Atma likes this.
  7. jrocket

jrocket Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got mine finally and was pleased to see a Samsung PM961 inside instead of the slower Toshiba SSD.

However, I noticed that the system seems to occasionally freeze up for a few seconds at time. This can happen several times a minute so it is really annoying. I tried doing all updates including the new Vega drivers but it still occurs. Has anyone had this problem?

8. Bioshaker

Bioshaker Newbie

Reputations:
    I've read online about this problem for older spectres but I'm having personally having this issue -- only problem I'm having is some kind of throttling / performance dips while on battery in games vs on power despite having power management set to performance everywhere I can see to do it.