VAIO Z Sleeves, bags and cases thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by 7evendeuce, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fray_bentos

fray_bentos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone looking for a messenger style bag for the Vaio Z, check out the "Crumpler Lamington Sling Tablet". This claims to fit the iPad and 10" tablets, but it fits the Vaio Z very nicely indeed (check out the dimensions). Note that the Lamington 13" version is WAY too big for a Vaio Z. The fit of the Lamington Sling Tablet is tight length-ways when the front/rear pockets are filled with accessories, but I got it to fit perfectly by unthreading, then rethreading the plastic buckle so that it reaches as far as is possible. The only thing that I am not 100% happy with is the inside of the bag which is nylon, I was hoping for something a little softer to avoid any possibility of scratching. There is just enough room in there for a felt/neoprene liner so will see what I can find.

Lamington Sling Tablet - Crumpler

2. BlackSnow

BlackSnow Newbie

Reputations:
    Correct...the cloth will not keep the screen from bruising under normal use profiles...don't pretend it will....(responding to an earlier comment on this) Also looking for a hard shell to enclose a Z2 and then insert both into a standard laptop bag. Been through 2 screen replacements so far, trying to change things up as much as possible and find a way to get the benefits of a Z without destroying it.

3. rattus

rattus Newbie

Reputations:
    I just bought a pelican 1085CC to stop the lid flexing issue. Not ideal for everyone due to added bulk, but I want to beable to chuck it into a normal backpack in-between heavy textbooks or anything else and not have to worry about breakage. I haven't received it yet, so I'll let you know how it goes. I looked at the older 1080cc (which fit the Z1) because it supposedly has a better clasp, but it looked like the SVZ would be 2cm too long.

The only other 'tough' case I know of besides the others already mentioned, is the Extreme sleeve 13" from G-form, and I don't know it's dimensions.

For reference:

Amazon.com: Pelican Products 1085 HardBack Case with Foam (1080-020-110): Electronics

Amazon.com: Extreme Sleeve for Laptop 13" (Yellow): Electronics

4. amrits07

amrits07 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Woah, quite a big thread for this! I will be purchasing the Z3 very soon, but didn't think too much into what sleeve I will be getting.

I was most likely going to just grab the VGPAMN1C13B for $30

VGPAMN1C13B | VAIO Laptop Sleeve | Sony Canada

Though this may not provide enough protection, what sleeve do you guys recommend that will protect my vaio Z and isn't too expensive, Thanks.

5. amrits07

Reputations:
    It's either that or the Waterfield Sleeve. I don't need the shoulder strap or piggyback pouch, as I will be putting this laptop in my backpack. So the cost is going to be about $70-$80, which I'm okay with. Does the leather trim provide better protection, or that $10 just an extra cost for style. Furthermore, what do you guys think of Waterfield Sleeves as a whole in terms of protection for the Sony Vaio Z3. Answers to this would be greatly appreciated.

6. amrits07

Reputations:
    Also does anyone have the Vertical Circumference and Horizontal Circumference of the Vaio Z3?

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any recommendations for all-time protection for a Z3?

8. amrits07

Reputations:
    I have thee Waterfield Sleevecase and I have to say it's amazing. I couldn't imagine there being a better sleeve/case than this one. Might as well get the best possible case for the best laptop :)

9. Szadzik

Szadzik Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a Crumpler Gimp with Moses that is supposed to be water proof, but am wondering about something like a had shell that stays on the laptop all the time. Would have to be 100% custom, of course.

10. zimbros12

zimbros12 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No the trim is just a cosmetic touch..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.