VAIO Z Sleeves, bags and cases thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by 7evendeuce, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yearsofwisdom

yearsofwisdom Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I prefer more of a messenger or normal backpack style. If i get a laptop backpack, do i need a sleeve as well?

2. st_Evil

st_Evil Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you use a good laptop backpack, no, you do not. You'll have to check the insides, for instance my ye olde targus one bas a built in "sleeve" that's superior to the sleeves you buy separately in the modern age.

3. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Honestly, I'd get a hard sleeve. The Z's flexing during carry causes a lot of damage - all right, damage is too strong a word but still, a lot of minor issues - over the months.

4. cromo320

cromo320 Newbie

Reputations:
  5. yearsofwisdom

Reputations:
    Any recommendations for Vaio Z hard sleeves?

6. yearsofwisdom

Reputations:
    bump10char?

7. cromo320

cromo320 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thule-Gauntlet 13" MacBook Sleeve
    a oppinion from amazon

Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?)
    I kept having problems finding a case for my 13" Sony VAIO Z. All the standard PC laptop cases are either 10" (for netbooks) or 15" (average laptop size), or the giganto 17".

Finally, I figured out that the VAIO Z is about the same size as the MacBook (but thinner) and gave this a shot. And wouldn't you know? It worked! It fits snugly, has lots of protection on the inside and a sturdy exterior to protect from the outside. The zippers are sturdy and move smoothing. It doesn't even smell bad (a problem with many cases these days).

All in all, I'm impressed. This was just was I needed. Even though it was made with a MacBook in mind, it's a perfect, affordable case for my 13" VAIO Z, and I feel good about the level of protection it offers.

My only complaint is that a case like this could stand to have straps or someplace to attach them. It's not a major issue, but the case has no handle or straps, and for the price I think that would be a nice feature to include.

So it gets four stars for great protection and a decent price. I docked it one of five stars because it could be just a tiny bit better with some sort of handle, strap, or grip.

8. yearsofwisdom

Reputations:
    Any opinions on the Thule Gauntlet vs the Hard Candy Case Bubble Sleeve?

9. cromo320

cromo320 Newbie

Reputations:
    you have here.

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY VAIO Z21 - 2011 MODEL, September 4, 2011
    By
    JOENOES - See all my reviews
    Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
    This review is from: Hard Candy Cases MacBook Air 13-inch Bubble Sleeve, Black (Personal Computers)
    This is not an APPLE Accessory review.......

This case works fantastically for the sony vaio z21 the 2011 model with the new form factor. I also previously owned the 2010 model and it works fine but since the screen size is smaller it is not as stable inside. I always put my vaio in with the white cloth that it orginally came with and the silk screen protector inside this case and it fits fantastically I have also once included the sheet battery and although the fit is more snug than without the sheet battery it still works great.

The reason why I got this one is because I orginally ordered the one recomended by sony however it was way to big and that is because it was originally designed for another series of sony notbooks and after comparing the dimensions to the mac book air i decided to go with this one. What I like most about this case is that is doesn't make your $4,000 laptop bulky like sonys case and it also provides more protection than sonys leather folio. also as an added bonus you get this for half the price of the sony leather folio and it actually fits it perfectly.

10. niffcreature

niffcreature ex computer dyke

Reputations:
    I would like a completely rigid case/sleeve or lid protector for my Z that is able to fit the 9 cell battery (VPCZ1).

Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.