Vaio Z flip - XPS 13 - Razor Blade Stealth

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by mertkizilay, Aug 6, 2017.

?

Which fits the most?

1. Vaio Z flip

50.0%
  2. XPS 13

50.0%
  3. Razer Blade Stealth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mertkizilay

mertkizilay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Guys,

I'm doing design and production. When I'm on the road I need something to assist me. Not looking for budget laptop, considering of getting the higher specs and using it for longer

I'm only considering these 3. Most important things are;

* ! Performance ! (gaming is not necessary)
    * At least 7 hour battery
    * Really good screen
    * Build quality.

Things making hard for me to decide:

*VAIO has it all but it lacks USB type-c, and the model got previous generation CPU now, although not sure if that makes huge difference in terms of performance. Want to hear your opinion? Also being able to sketch on screen is big plus.

*Razor Blade, over all feels good, but i feel like build quality might not be as good as others, I'm skeptical about battery and screen. But external GPU is intriguing for rendering, but not a must.

*XPS 13, pretty good package, but i'm hearing issues with throttling and noise. Also I'm not sure if external GPU is possible with this one even with USB-Type C.

What do you guys think? Any of you own any of these? I would like to hear subjective opinions based on the thing above.

Thanks!

2. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The Razer Blade Stealth will receive the least amount of support should problems arise (they are not reportedly built to last either). IMHO it is overpriced as it doesn't do anything special; but have Thunderbolt 3 for external GPU if you want it. As is, it is the least powerful on the list as it doesn't have iris iGPU.

Nothing will beat Vaio Z Flip's build quality (built in Azumino Japan, everything else is built in china) It is made of Aluminum panels and Carbon fiber. I love the screen, it comes rather close to my AW 13 OLED. It gets about 8 hours of battery and has 28W CPU + iris 550 iGPU (both more powerful than the XPS' current gen CPU and iris 640 iGPU).

(Both XPS and Razer Stealth use 15W CPU)

EDIT: Don't buy VAIO Z Flip full price from VAIO website. I got mine for about $1000 less in Microsoft Store for top of line model

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    mertkizilay likes this.
  3. mertkizilay

mertkizilay Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    28W cpu is interesting point. Thank you I appreciate this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.