]]>

Vaio Z (2016) Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Vistar Shook, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noth

Noth Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Such a shame these models only have 8Gb of RAM... I need 16 if I want it futureproofed. Vaio still have their design magic, if my Dell XPS 13 due to arrive soon isn't up to expectations I guess I'll order a Vaio S.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    True.....they lack configuration options in the US....such as the all black model. In japan they offer more options. The Vaio Z flip model though does have 16gb ram option. But I like the clamshell model for my laptops.

3. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Black Friday Vaio deal. $250 off Vaio Z and Z Flip. Good deal for someone looking for a PC alternative for a MacBook Pro 13....since they have the same 28 watt chip with Iris 550, but of course no touchbar....kkk.

4. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    The Vaio Z can have bad thermals, when it is pushed hard, such as gaming....with the CPU and GPU reaching 95C....I opened it up and place 1.5mm Artic thermal pads on the cpu and the copper metals going to the fan...this way the heat spreads to the bottom over. Internal thermals got better not passing 90C....but of course the bottom gets hotter, but I never use it on my lap anyways.
    Also Firestrike benchmark score went up a bit towards 1550....before it was around 1505 sometimes less.

5. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Firestrike score 1527 after putting the thermal pads on the CPU.

Attached Files:

6. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    I removed the samsung 950 pro and placed it in my new Razer Blade. So I put the orginal SM951 256gb back in. Annexed is the benchmark result.

Attached Files:

7. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Here is a pic of the thermal pads I placed inside the Vaio Z to reduce the CPU temps that would reach 95C easily when gaming or benchmarking....now the CPU is about 10C lower....I will do a stress test shortly to see how high the temps go when stressed over 20min or so.

Attached Files:

salyavin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.