Vaio Pro 13 Windows 10 Update Experience

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by w11184, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ascariss

ascariss Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Speaking off, my pro 13's fan started making some buzzing noise since last day, no idea what it is, maybe it is busted but replacing would mean I would need to fix it myself. So I will probably be buying something new to replace it, most likely the new xps 13. While waiting for the Vaio Z to appear on the US for purchase is doable, I fear it will be missing a thunderbolt 3, while not a deal breaker for some people, it will be for me. I'll see how long can live with the buzzing, if Vaio doesn't announce any new Vaio's by february I will just get the XPS.

2. Somnio

Somnio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think I can consider the machine a second generation SVP, so, perhaps. But first I want to hear about the support chain, and how good/bad is.

3. sev7en

sev7en Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Good afternoon,
    I did a clean installation of the operating system, Windows 10 Professional, and downloaded from the SONY website the original drivers/application for the restore but I am not able to install anything.
    When I run the setup, the installation go ahead, then ask me to reboot the PC to apply the changes but at the end... nothing happens. How can I do to re-install the Sony applications?

Thanks!!!

4. SidBar

SidBar Newbie

Reputations:
    1 year back I tried installing Win10 on Vaio T-Series. Display was not working well, bluetooth did not work. I did a fresh installation yesterday and was able to configure everything properly - windows is working fine, no unidentified devices.
    Here is the list of final drivers and their versions if it helps anyone:
    http://sbytestream.pythonanywhere.com/blog/Windows-10-On-Vaio