VAIO is coming to europe again :)

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by SirRobin, Apr 2, 2019.

1. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Today, there was an information to the press that VAIO is coming back to europe with 2 models!

Great news for me, as i´m currently using my Sony VAIO SVS13 and thinking about an refresh.

Let´s hope there are also devices with an integrated Nvidia or ATI GPU in feature, the only missing part that let me thinking about a device like the huawei matebook x Pro :)

2. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    They haven't integrated a dGPU in years, even during the waning days of Sony ownership. Nowadays, they can barely keep 1 product line alive (the S11, S13, and S14 all appear to use the exact same motherboard, fan, and battery).

I really wish they still did, since my SVS13 was a work of brilliance (IMO). 35W CPU, factory overclocked Nvidia GPU, and enough heatpipes to cool it all (along with a battery that is still among the larger sizes, nowadays).

4. steberg

steberg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just resurrected my trusty VPC-Z1 and did the whole re-paste-shim-fan fixing of it and now it works great!

But I was looking into the SX14 last week, but it were nowhere to be found in Europe. Great news!

5. TLN

TLN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ha-ha, I'm still using my VPC-Z1 as personal laptop, and it's working great so far.
    Just realised that through my whole life I had only two laptops: VGN-Z750 and VPC-Z21.

steberg likes this.
  6. VPCZ12

VPCZ12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'd be careful buying from VAIO now. Their CS is barely nonexistent and they'll be happy to leave you stranded with a broken laptop. I was quoted $1,500 on Vaio Canvas motherboard repair, so I've been using my vpcz1 ever since.

I'm thinking thinkpad t480 will be my next choice :rolleyes: