VAIO FW Clean Windows 7 Install Guide

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by mcgregor, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divindra

Divindra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone
    I just got back my Sony Vaio VGN-FW170J from bestbuy after a couple of repairs. I decided to to cleam windows 7 install and all was well. I have the Ultimate 64bit. Anyways it picked up all the built in microphone camera etc but i had to download the Arcsoft and other things to get it back to the way it was when i was using vista. my problems are i cane use the Fn button, S1, AV Mode, scrolling and i also notice that before when i used the volume buttons it would make a sound and i saw the volume meter in the middle of the screen but now it doesnt. Windows keeps telling me to download firware extension parameter but when i go to my model it does not have it. It doesnt have it for any of the windows 7 32 or 64 and the vista 64 does not work. How can i fix this? Thank you whoever can help me

2. asronline

asronline Newbie

Reputations:
    Fantastic guide, extremely helpful. I successfully installed Windows 7 on my Vaio FW11ZU / Note for people with UK VAIO's only use UK drivers and all of the Vista ones work anyway, some just need updating.

3. Anyatan

Anyatan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi guys. A friend asked me to do a clean install on her sony vaio VGN-FW48e.
    Did a clean install of Vista Home Premium then i managed to install most of the drivers but im stuck with an unknown device under the other devices.

Its this one:
    on Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

I think its the memory card reader: MagicGate but im not so sure. Cant seem to find any drivers.

Anybody familiar with this one?

Thanks.

4. Anyatan

Anyatan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. J&SinKTO

J&SinKTO Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Either try Windows 7 Update (which it picked up a newer one for my FW285) or use the Vista version - just be sure to grab the 64 or 32 bit version depending on what you installed.

6. alanbrenton

alanbrenton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a VGN-FW290C but could not find SmartWi for it. So for now, Bluetooth and WiFi are either both on or off.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Where can I get the application?

Thanks.

EDIT: I found the application for a different FW version but when I run the application, it doesn't even display my WiFi and Bluetooth. It has a graphic showing the switch is off, tells me to turn the wireless switch on, when it is already on. I also tried installing the Smart Network but none of the wireless devices show up. Should I be installing any Sony driver after installing the Windows 7 OS? I only installed a few drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  7. ultimatejq

ultimatejq Newbie

Reputations:
    @ ngvuanh
    Hi, I have the same Sony Vaio VGN-FW139E and I recently installed Windows7 Ultimate x64 on it. Please can you help me figure out how to solve these issues:
    1. It shows the uninstalled hardware "Base System Driver"
    2. and also the mouse pad(touch pad) does work but the scrolling, horizontal and vertical movement, dosent work.

I went to the Sony site to search for drivers but i didnt find any drivers there as I think Windows7 installs them by its own. I was only able to find the applications/softwares for my Vaio.
    Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.