VAIO FW Clean Windows 7 Install Guide

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by mcgregor, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.doc

k.doc Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

I really need some help here..
    I installed windows 7 on my FW-21M however there is a base system device with no driver and i lost all my sony original software!!

So can anyone please guide me on how to download the driver properly ( provide a link and steps) and how can i retrieve my lost software..

Step by step since i m not that experienced
    thanks in advance

2. ScuderiaConchiglia

ScuderiaConchiglia NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    Hmmmm, you MIGHT want to start by reading the thread you just posted in. It contains the info you seek.

Gary

3. levicki

levicki Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Don't know if it has been mentioned before, I just installed Windows 7 x64 on my Sony VAIO VGN-FW190E.

You can find a proper working Broadcom Bluetooth driver here:
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFW590&upd_id=4871&os_id=49

It is for VGN-FW590 but it will probably work for all older models since it seems to be unified.

You can also find other drivers like this.

Base system device is Ricoh Memory Stick -- you can use Vista 64-bit driver for that if you cannot find newer one for Windows 7.

4. k.doc

k.doc Newbie

Reputations:
    Please someone help,

i downloaded the missed driver from the sony website but it doesnt contain a setup file?!
    i just dont know how to install the driver can anyone please help me on this????
    its the base system device

5. k.doc

k.doc Newbie

Reputations:
    problem Solved :D

6. Apples and Oranges

Apples and Oranges Newbie

Reputations:
    So i i did a clean install of windows 7, installed everything successfully except Alps Pointing Device and Arcsoft Webcam companion 3. i have a FW41M/H, if anyone could help me it would be great. arcsoft charges money on their site and there is no information available for sony vaio laptops

7. redius

redius Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi there i saw in the post that u are reaaly pro in controling notebook instalation so i came to this post to post my question
    i have a vgn tx92ps i have iformatted it and installed on it a custom version of xp called windows xp sweet 5.1 verry cool and complete mod of xp
    and now i cant use the av button or the fn shortkeys of this awesome notebook and i dont have the software thaqt came with this conputer anyone can help me to find these software and driver to make work the fn shortkeys and the av button mode please ? i really need some help on that i found a website about this computer but its in japanese and i dont understand this language i am french (thats why i am so bad at english :) ) i was wandering if there is a possibility to install the driver of the equivalent of this computer in usa or europe but i couldnt find it any one can help me please with my problem pleaaaase

8. redius

Reputations:
    ah yes btwjust need them on anyworking system win xp win vista or win 7 i just need the fn key with the shortcut working and especially the av ;ode button working the driver for wifi sound and graphics will be recongnized automaticly by any windows thats why i am not asking over them if any one ave the solution for my problem please let me know thank you

9. ScuderiaConchiglia

ScuderiaConchiglia NBR Vaio Team Curmudgeon

Reputations:
    redius,

Please don't hijack a thread that has nothing to do with the question you are asking. This thread is about a different model and different OS than your question. Find an appropriate thread or start a new one.

Also are your shift keys and period key broken? A gigantic run on sentence like that is rather hard to read. I am pretty sure French uses punctuation too, non?

10. redius

Reputations:
    i tryed to instal the notebook utilities for tx series it stops and says this instalation is not adapted or suitable for your configuration pleasee tell me what to do what to install to get this notebook work again with all the shortcut and software that came with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.