Vaio Flip: the Yoga hinge comes to Sony

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Mitlov, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tin2003

Tin2003 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Exactly what I thought.
    If your daily tasks are internet browsing, video streaming and office, the new Atom should do more than enough. And what you can get with that - 2 lbs silent notebook with 24 hour battery life. Very tempting.

2. beltz5

beltz5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey did you get fresh restart because I did and I can't find mcafee anywhere? I'm upset because my fan noise is starting to get loud now.

3. McMagnus

McMagnus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nope, no fresh start. Disk space will not be a problem. I rather like to try out some things I have never seen now and then. And if anything disturbs boot time or CPU load I'll just remove it when it happens.

Just start task manager and see which process is running when the fan spins up.

4. martinbickley

martinbickley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered my 13A from the UK Sony Store on 8 October (i5, 8GB, 128GB) with my original delivery date was between 16 October and 23 October 2013.

I had the date but back three times, the latest being 21 November which was followed by the email confirming this was the finalised date and giving me the 25% off accessories voucher as compensation.

Surprise surprise I've just had an email to say my order has been delayed again and the new expected shipping date is between 8 December 2013 and 13 December 2013 which will be over 2 months after my original order.

I don't mind the delay if the final product is going to be worth it, however it does annoy me that Sony have had my money for this amount of time.

Anyway rant over.

Martin

5. thoots

thoots Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just picked up a 15A from Best Buy -- 15-inch, i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB+16SS drives.

I haven't done much but dink around with it so far -- I've just completed the first round of Windows Updates, and now I'll start installing my software.

The fan has been a bit more active than the average notebook I've had, but I've been installing Windows Updates, programs, and so on -- we'll see how it goes when it's idling.

At any rate, if you've got any questions about this thing, I'll be glad to answer them as best I can....

thoots

6. chrisfromCA

chrisfromCA Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Martin:
    Sorry to hear about your shipping misfortunes. I also ordered my Flip 13 (i7, 512G, 8G RAM) on Oct. 15 and had just gotten FedX tracking confirmation of unit delivery for this Thursday morning. They said it was a custom built and had to come out of Japan. Anyway, maybe the U.K market is being squeezed because of the much larger U.S population. I'm based in San Jose, CA.

Later this week, I will give a 'report' of the Flip 13 with regards to fan noise levels and any other issues that may surface. Hope you get yours soon.

Chris

7. Xpred

Xpred Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Let me know if you guys experience the infamous touchscreen issue after updating to 8.1.

8. TechyLucky

TechyLucky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you post a short review with respect to battery life, fan noise, keyboard, and things you have noticed so far! Thanks a lot!

ksalz likes this.
  9. Bryne

Bryne Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nothing of te sort here (13A, i7). I think this problem is limited to the 15" version.

10. Franek

Franek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.