Vaio Flip: the Yoga hinge comes to Sony

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Mitlov, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlistairF

AlistairF Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've got the same date having ordered on the 8th and I don't have the high res display, maybe it was the graphics card?
    Intel® CoreTM i5-4200U 1.6 GHz
    Windows 8 Pro
    256 GB SATA Flash SSD
    12 GB 1600 MT/s DDR3L-SDRAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 735M 2 GB
    39.5cm LED, 1920x1080

2. realgundam

realgundam Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey man, thanks a lot. So I assume Photoshop (and other WinTab only program) still do not have pressure sen?

3. mith500

mith500 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thank you so much, it actually doesn't look bad - expected worse.
    I rarely push the screen that back...so looks like I will place my order soon (just waiting for them to sort out the productions issue as I really don't want to deal with delays)

4. Falconary

Falconary Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My laptop is being delivered now but i have not received any tracking number, did you guys get a tracking number?

5. oddoneout

oddoneout Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Maybe it's the 8gb RAM sticks. That would tie in with that factory fire that produces them in China.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

6. McMagnus

McMagnus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hej Falconary

My green text about "in production" is also gone, but no info about delivery. How did you get that? An email? I ordered a week later than you, but perhaps the delays have compressed the manufacturing, and it also seems they are working weekends to catch up.

BTW, do you have the same problem with logging in on sony.se? It often takes >2 min to login but more often it fails after those 2 minutes. Not sure if it's only the Swedish site that is so slow? Or just my account? I wrote a mail about it the other day and also complained about the late delivery, and they replied it was due to the unexpected demand for the Flip 13 that had caused them to be placed in a pre-order state (whatever that is). And they had to restock components to continue manufacturing. No mention of any fire though.

7. Big_blind93

Big_blind93 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody guys?

EDIT: http://youtu.be/bgncVuMwGB8 in this video the fan is incredibly loud, i didn't expect this

8. teiger

teiger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think there will be a fix for the fan noise. If you only need some ressources for Office, silent mode should be fine.

Can't help you about the SD question but you have to keep in mind that it will be drain a bit of your battery life if you have your SD Card constantly plugged in.

9. McMagnus

McMagnus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ^^Yes, it has an SD card slot. At least the Flip 13 shown in the MobileTechReview video. ~6.50 in Sony VAIO Flip 13 Review - YouTube

I put a 128GB SD card into my SVZ about a year ago and I never thought of it draining power. Have to check that. :p

10. Falconary

Falconary Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No i didnt get any email, just logged in yesterday in sony's site an noticed that the green text was gone, i logged in today and it said that my order is under delivery and that i could track my order from sony's delivery partner, but no info on how :p
    I assume that you will have delivery on monday maybe because it seems like as when the green text "in prodcution" is removed, then the computer has moved to next phase, even though its not delivered yet. Yea, the sony.se is really slow, takes me about 35 seconds to logg in, and im constanly logging in to check my status :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.