Vaio Flip: the Yoga hinge comes to Sony

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by Mitlov, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt5784

matt5784 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, no, no. The dedicated GPU it is going to have is likely only marginally better than the integrated graphics in the 4558U, and may not even be faster at all despite draining battery life. Premium build quality? Is that a joke? It's their FIT line, I doubt it holds a candle to any of Sony's previous flagship made-in-Japan lines. And see my previous post about screen resolutions, quoting that is just silly. Yes, the hinge probably adds a couple hundred dollars to the price, but other than that I see a low-to-middling full-size laptop with absolutely no justification for a price above the Dell XPS 15 (500-1500 max). Maybe I'll feel differently once I see/use one in person, but that remains to be seen.

Yes, I'm sorry, you said $2000 and I said over $2000, but I don't see that much difference between $2000 and $2200.

2. JoJotaro

JoJotaro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    2880x1600 with a 735m, they have to be joking!? There has to be some mistake! Are you sure it's the 735m? Is this official from Sony them selves? The past few years Sony has gone with the x40m and now with 2880x1600 they decide to go with the 735m!?

3. matt5784

matt5784 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as I know the specific model of the card hasn't been officially announced yet, so we will have to wait and see exactly what they decide to put in there. Given that it's a ULV I wouldn't expect much, but I could easily be wrong about that.

4. lionrock91

lionrock91 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. Eclipse251

Eclipse251 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Guess Sony's days of making high performance laptops is officially in the past....

6. kanuk

kanuk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Because the 640M LE was such a powerhouse? Or the 9300M in the Z1? :confused:

7. JoJotaro

JoJotaro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well the 640M LE was a bit better than the 635M at least...

8. kanuk

kanuk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's actually almost identical except for a bigger bus (128 vs 64). I don't know if the 735 will overclock as well as the 640 though.

9. beltz5

beltz5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So basically what you guys are complaining about is the graphics card and the processor? Right? I have two other questions: 1. How is the i7 processor on the highest model compared to other i7's as I have no idea what ULV is or anything like that? 2. Is the Nvidia graphics card good enough to play FIFA or Call of Duty or games like that at normal settings?

Thanks so much

PS. If it's a yes to both of these then I am definitely buying this device. Also you guys do know that the 15" model will weigh 4.6 ponds I believe?

10. ascariss

ascariss Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Sony never made performance laptops, if you wanted a gaming device from sony, please direct your attention towards the playstation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.