1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Vaio Duo 11 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Qwaarjet, Nov 2, 2012.

1. CoolHotCold

CoolHotCold Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You think it's a hoax?

Want a video?

Of course you want a video

There you go, call Hoax all you like, but it's real and its coming out soon, even ignoring the pictures and the video, the recent price drop, the new lineup of Sony models all point towards a refresh, Anyway you seen it here first.

*Edit*
    Sorry yes, the current Duo is backlit, I went through a period of owning a few different Sony models within the space of a few weeks trying to find one that suited me best, The duo is backlit, their Touchscreen ultrabooks were not. Thanks for reminding me.

Lasted edited by : May 12, 2015
  2. heavenly_wild

heavenly_wild Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you name your source?

3. dalamchops

dalamchops Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    13in is way too big to really use in tablet mode

4. Fahad65

Fahad65 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry but I don't believe it's true but what I can say is that someone have put in a lot of work to make...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

5. CoolHotCold

Reputations:
    Internal training for Dixons staff, its not a massive secret and about 10,000 people have access to the same stuff as what I posted, I just know its not a announced model and it caught my eye.

I don't know what else to convince you that it's not a hoax, its not like I'm a new member or previously known as a troll.

Yes I know there are no other pictures or videos so it makes it hard to believe, but its been due for. While.

Believe it or not, it doesn't make a huge amount of difference to me. Just trying to give you all a heads up there's a new model.

6. dalamchops

dalamchops Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    changing The battery to the Stylus did help with the semi responsive problem

7. viiv

viiv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hold on, the Vaio Z series has pretty much always been in the 13" screen size. Could this be the new Z????

8. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know my post got lost in the news of the 13" Duo but can anyone help out with anything in my above post? Cheers.

9. CoolHotCold

Reputations:
    Apologies, this thread should be kept to the Duo 11, not it's updated bigger brother, I'll start another thread in the Sony Owners lounge to focus the attention there.

10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey no apologies necessary at all and great find BTW. I have no doubt its real as many of us here queried the size of the Duo 11 bezel when it was launched and the 13" form factor in that screen mount seems reasonable. The 10hr battery life and promise of a lighter build are exactly what I'm after but I'm just stuck with the 11 for a bit and need to make the most of it (FWP honestly though) :)