Vaio Duo 11 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by Qwaarjet, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Critical Observer

Critical Observer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess that's that then; thanks for the suggestions! Are there any viable alternatives if having a trackpoint-style pointing method is a must?

Cheers.

2. FrozenLord

FrozenLord Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The Sony's "trackpoint" is optical and functioning quite differently compared to HP or Lenovo's trackpoints.
    Imagine the Sony's optical one like a finger scanner that you have to swipe in order to move the mouse - no consistent movement there...
    I would have a look at HP's professional convertible lineup or Lenovo's Carbon series.

3. Fábio Crema

Fábio Crema Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, could you help me? My Vaio Duo 11 had a LCD problem. I tried to resolve the Glue Leak and on the final steps, before to do the new glue process, I acidentally broken the LCD, and when I tried to see if it was working, it turns on, and died. The problem is, the unit don't recognizes more the "monitor" and not turn on the LED neither the display. I have tried to replace the Complete Display Unit (LCD + Digitizer) for a used unit, but did not work too.