v9 - how to remove it?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by KiingArthur, Jun 6, 2013.

1. KiingArthur

KiingArthur Newbie

Reputations:
    hey, guys can someone give me a hand with the removal of v9? It's redirecting me to pages that i do not want to visit. I want to delete it, but i am not sure what i have to do. Any help? :eek:

2. JOSEA

JOSEA NONE

Reputations:
    There is a manual removal process here How to Remove V9 Redirect and Browser Hijacker BUT do not use the download removal tool link, I have no clue what it does!
    Please let us know if it works. and Welcome to the forum !
    Once you do this I would also update your antivirus program and run a full scan in safe mode (F8 after shortly after power on).

3. KiingArthur

KiingArthur Newbie

Reputations:
    JOSEA, how nice of you to help! Thank you! Fortunately I removed it last night :D

I combined the removal instructions from the link you gave me and those two also https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/944449 V9 Redirect Virus :D
    I did not click on the download, as you warned me :)
    I had to reset some browser setings, and i did some deleting also.
    After that I downloaded Malwarebytes and did a scan and it deleted 3 or 4 infections, i can't tell for sure.

And now my PC is virus free ^_^

:hi2: thank youu