Used CF-28 comming in

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by duke1946, Jan 30, 2019.

1. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    Images here. IMGA0524.jpg IMGA0525.jpg

UNCNDL1, Shawn and toughasnails like this.
  2. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    HA HA clear as mud is very correct but I do think I understand what you are saying.
    I have to take the bottom of anyway to replace the little battery and then I should be able to unlock it and push it out from the inside because all that lever does is push it out.
    Right now the lever is setting aimed towards the rear and will not really move. It should be aiming towards the side and then it would work like normal. Somehow it got really jammed up?
    I doubt if I will ever have to swap between the DVD and the floppy like I did in the past because the camera I was using used a floppy and now I use a camera that plugs into the USB port. I just hate to know if I install my DVD that it want pop back out again just in case I need to replace it?
    I guess I will know more once I get the bottom off. I will let you know what I find when I get there.
    Thanks for your input Sheepman

3. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    THE COMPUTER IS UP AND RUNNING :D
    The lever on the bottom for removing the drives must have been screwed up when it was built? After I put the guide back where it should have been then now it works like it should A+A+A+
    Got the BIOS battery installed and now it keeps the date and time like it should A+
    I installed my old main battery and then my hard drive and started it up.
    All looks the same as it did and every thing is in place as I hopped it would.

Shawn likes this.
  4. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Now I just have to figure out why it is not showing that my Ethernet cable is unplugged?? Am I overlooking something maybe??
    When I unplug the cable feeding it from my switch then the switch is also not showing the computer is plugged in?

Well damn after cooking and eating supper it showed it was connect to the network/internet??

So far so good I guess thank goodness :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    UNCNDL1 likes this.
  5. Psychowolff

Psychowolff Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You can also goto any Batteries Plus and have them weld your leads onto a new Cr2032 Coin Battery for about 4 bucks. Walk out 10 min later

Shawn likes this.
  6. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That would come in handy for sure when you need one right now and then you do not have to get on the net and search for one.
    I received one from a seller in NJ and it is all fired up and working A+A+A+
    Just today I got the one from France! Talk about slow shipping from oven the pond but I do have a spare that I most likely will never need and I doubt if it will work in my Gobook VR2 but it might but may have to change the plug and that I can do easy.

Thanks for that info and it may help others when they need one:)

7. duke1946

duke1946 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thank goodness for a D-Link wireless card:D After doing some clean up of some programs I do not use I restarted it and did that 3 times and it still would not connect to my router that has a Ethernet cable that feeds it.
    All I have is the service manual and it helps but not in the Ethernet area for them.
    I just looked under the main battery on my old one and looks like there is a Ethernet card that plugs in just like ram does except for the little cable that is attached to it.
    I guess I could swap it with the newer one I am now using unless you can tell me something different that might be the problem?
    Thanks