1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

USB device not recognized!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by JSinglez, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSinglez

JSinglez Notebook Enthusiast

2. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

The next thing I would try is to reinstall windows. I had a problem with my aspire 5102 when it was 6months old. One day the touchpad just stopped responding to any input. I tried everything from reinstalling drivers to even partially dismantling the notebook to physically check the touchpad module itself none of that worked.

After going through all of that stress I just reinstalled windows and whatever was causing the issue vanished and to this day has never returned.

If reinstalling windows doesn't fix the issue then you most likely have a hardware problem.

3. beige

beige Notebook Deity

i used to have this problems with a fujitsu seimens laptop but after windows complete fresh install of windows it worked
    -can't assure 100% this will help you but u need to try

4. JSinglez

I guess its just frustrating to me because this problem sprang up when I reinstalled windows because the computer wouldn't boot.

whats even more frustrating is backing up my music is incredibly difficult when I dont have working USB ports....

5. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

If you can't get any usb devices to work (to allow you to back up your music and files) then you can just create a second partition on your hard drive and copy the music to that partition. If you are going to use acer's erecovery software to reinstall windows then that will only wipe the "c" partition and reinstall windows it doesn't touch any other partitions.

With all of my computers I always have windows on a separate partition away from my data thus allowing me to reinstall and not have any data loss issues.

6. JSinglez

windows reinstalled

problem did not disappear
    hardware probably dead

time to shop for a new computer that will hopefully last more than a year and a half :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.