[US48] Price Check 8510P: X9000, 4gb, 128gb 840 Pro, FX 570M & HD2600

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by WARDOZER9, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARDOZER9

    WARDOZER9 Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    35
    Messages:
    285
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    31
    Condition: 8-9 out of 10
    LCD: 15.4" 1680x1050
    CPU: Intel C2D Extreme X9000 2.8ghz/800mhz/6mb & orig. T7500
    Ram: 2x 2gb G.Skill DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 & & orig. 2gb ram
    HDD: 128gb Samsung 840 Pro 4.5yrs+ warranty & orig. 120gb HDD
    GPU: FX 570M 256mb GDDR3 & orig. HD 2600 Mobility 256mb GDDR3
    --- Nothing wrong with the HD 2600, the FX 570M is just faster and cooler running
    Optical DVD +/- RW DL
    OS: Vista Business w/COA
    HP Bluetooth module
    Fingerprint reader ( my fav way of logging in EVER : )

    Trying to decide whether to sell my upgraded 8510P and take my friends 6860FX depending on which I can get more money out of.

    The unit is nothing fancy by todays standards but it has served me well for years with the upgrades keeping it relatively relevant :)
     
  2. Rereg

    Rereg Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    87
    Messages:
    288
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    31
    Roughly $200 to $250. You'd do better parting it out.
     
  3. ajkula66

    ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

    Reputations:
    3,018
    Messages:
    3,199
    Likes Received:
    2,318
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Most definitely.

    CPU is $150 or thereabouts, 35-40 for RAM, $100 or so for SSD...yeah. And you'd still have a working laptop left.
     
  4. WARDOZER9

    WARDOZER9 Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    35
    Messages:
    285
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    31
    So if I sold the ram, SSD and CPU what do you think I could get for the unit with the stock parts and the spare ATI GPU though I'm sure having a spare GPU isn't going to add much value though it would be wise to keep it with the unit due to the G80 GPU's being prone to failure.

    If I can get the $275 ish for the parts in my 8510P and another $150 or so for the stock unit itself I could buy my friend a better, newer laptop and keep her P-6860FX with the upgrades I bought for it :) It's a fair bit faster than my 8510P though a crap load heavier.
     
  5. ajkula66

    ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

    Reputations:
    3,018
    Messages:
    3,199
    Likes Received:
    2,318
    Trophy Points:
    231

    I'd say that you're either where you need to be or pretty close to it.

    Good luck.
     
  6. Dialup David

    Dialup David Notebook Consultant

    Reputations:
    112
    Messages:
    249
    Likes Received:
    122
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Honeslty i used to deal alot in these lower priced legacy notebooks, and if you make it WELL known that it has an Extreme edition someone will end up buying it because they have no idea what it means. I've seen similar notebooks sell for ~$350-400 if you set it to Buy it now and let them make offers. If you have nothing but time, it would deffinatly not hurt to let it go for a while and see what it brings in.
     
  7. ajkula66

    ajkula66 Courage and Consequence

    Reputations:
    3,018
    Messages:
    3,199
    Likes Received:
    2,318
    Trophy Points:
    231
    The problem with "offers" nowadays is that a "buyer" can submit one and walk away from it with absolutely zero consequences even if a seller accepts it..

    A well-presented ad with "Buy It Now" and immediate payment required option only might be the way to go if one had time to burn.

    I'd still sell the upgrades first and then get rid of the machine in its original configuration, though.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page