URGENT! Need thin and light laptop for uni

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Serg, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
  2. Serg

Serg Nowhere - Everywhere

Reputations:
    Hmmm, how about the Yoga 2 Pro vs the Zenbook UX302. All is equal bar the screen res, HDD vs SSD, and WiFi Adapter.

Both are the same (999.99).

Ideas?

3. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
    This is a difficult choice. The Lenovo has a beautiful screen and a fix for the color issues will be available soon according to Lenovo support but you are limited to 4GB of RAM. The Asus is still difficult to pry open as it means you have to pull apart the rubber feet to access the screws. I would consider this a big issue in my book.

The Dell looks better and better as I go thru all the feedback, If Intel caching can be enabled after adding the mSATA SSD, then you do have decent performance. And I think you will be happy with the 8GB of RAM even if it has been soldered on.

Again I leave the option to you. With all the scaling issues associated with the qHD+ screen, it is more a pain than an advantage. It looks like the developers need a lot more time to get their software to support the scaling in Windows 8.1. Too many small quirks that make the user experience that little bit worse.

Is it possible for you to get a hands on with these machines. It would make it easier for you to decide. All have them are decent machines. After reading through all the feedback threads on this forum as well as others, I have come to one conclusion........

I am really glad you are making the choice and not me. :p

These are just my opinions.

4. Serg

Reputations:
    VAIO Pro 13 or Zenbook UX302???

5. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
  6. Serg

Reputations:
    So, after several attempts on the phone with Best Buy, I got tired, went to Amazon and got a Vaio pro 13.

I'll report back when I get the shipping confirmation and when it's on its way. Hopefully this time they won't bother.

7. idiot101

idiot101 Down and Broken

Reputations:
    How much was the Vaio Pro and what was the configuration? I have no love for the company as they pile a ton of crap on to their laptops. Fingers crossed that you get your laptop this time and in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.