1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Urgent Help, Restore Acer 5630 back to manufacture state

Discussion in 'Acer' started by MulMul, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MulMul

MulMul Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi all

Is there a way to restore my Acer 5630 back to its original manufacture state??

The hidden partition is still in place, in the "Computer Management" under "Administrator tools" it show as EISA configuration and nothing set on the File system.

Now i cannot restore using that hidden image due to missing eRecovery.

Is there a way to reboot the laptop and trigger the eRecovery during bootup so i can restore my laptop bk with the hidden image?

Thx regards

2. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

Reputations:
    Once you still have the recovery partition in place then it is quite straight forward. All you have to do is press ALT+F10 at the post screen. The post screen is the first screen you see when you turn your notebook on, i.e the screen that says "Acer". Once you press those 2 keys together the notebook will boot to the recovery partition and allow you to start the recovery process to restore your computer to factory spec.

Hope this helps you...

3. MulMul

Reputations:
    I tried that but it didnt take me to the recovery partition. Is it possible the MBR in the hiden partition got corrupted?

I Pressed that all i get is constant bleeping from the laptop and took me to the OS

4. misslucybelle

misslucybelle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If it is still under warranty, send it back to Acer. I'm having the same issues, 2nd time around, and the Acer tech I spoke with said it was hardware issues. Goodluck.

5. Evolution

Evolution Vox Sola

Reputations:
    AFAIK when you have the recovery partition and ALT + F10 doesn't work then yes Acer's Special MBR (that allows for alt+f10 functionality) has become corrupted or over written in some way. There is a way to fix that, but as the previous posted said if your notebook is still under warranty then you are better off contacting acer and having them fix it for you, no sense you doing it when you have a nice warranty there.

6. MulMul

Reputations:
    Just a little update i managed got into the ALt +F10 thing i got the following message:

Edit Boot Option
    =============
    Edit Boot Option for: Microsoft Windows Vista
    Path: \Windows\System32\Winload.exe
    Partition: 2
    Hard disk: c47c15eo
    =============

Then a typeable command with:

=============
    /NOEXECUTE = OPTIN

Any ideas what to type in the command?

7. misslucybelle

misslucybelle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same issue.

Send it back! Mine is backed up right this minute as I type this waiting for Fedex to pick-up. If you keep pressing the alt+f10 buttons, it will bring you up to the recovery. Wait to your laptop beeps several times. Only thing is Windows will not finished installing and then it is down for good.

That is the exact same thing that has just happened with mine. I think it is the HDD is gone, but won't know until Acer takes a look at it.

8. MulMul

Reputations:
    is this command line supose to show after the ALT +F10 is pressed?

9. hoggie

hoggie old boy

Reputations:
    i've got to ask this, did any one burn a bootable DVD/CD's.when you first got your laptop?
    but i run XP pro and i have two choices i can Alt+F10 or boot from disk.
    and i don't have any of that stupid empowring junk on my machine :)

10. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    I got the same msg i think hard is gone:mad: I replace my hard on Aspire 5920G(Just after 2 weeks from buying date).I remove my Drive and try to format it using my 2.5-Inch External Hard Drive I got blue screen on my desktop same on my sisters Notebook:eek:

You can see my tread from here
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=136223

11. MulMul

Reputations:
    dont think my HDD is gone , coz i am using the laptop atm with Xp instead of Vista that came with it but i just wanted to be able to boot bk to the restore partition and restore my laptop to factory default

12. udimion

udimion Newbie

Reputations:
    I got the same message on my Acer 5633. I called up Acer and they told me that because I had upgraded to Vista via the Acer upgrade disc this function was no longer available. The reason they gave was because Acer eRecovery isn't on Vista when it is installed using their upgrade disc. I was told to reinstall a clean version of Vista by running the upgrade disc again from scratch and that would rule out any hardware faults. It should work perfectly after this and if not then it is a hardware fault and needs to be checked out by the manufacturer or whoever you have you extended warranty with.

But a quick word of warning. I did reinstall a clean copy of Vista but either the programmes crashed again because they couldn't access memory or I got a blue screen crash and it restarted. I sent it to the store who I have the extended warranty with because they claimed it was a hardware fault but have just received it back with them claiming that they checked it any can't find any hardware faults. Now it won't even start Vista up and keeps claiming that there has been an unexpected error and that Windows can't install, and that the laptop will restart itself and I should restart the Vista installation again. The only problem is that I can't restart the installation because the same message appears before Vista has even loaded.

Any ideas about what I can do with it? My extended warranty won't cover software problems but this only started after they had checked it all out and told me eveything was fine with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.