Upgrading my weak Trinity Laptop with the strongest AMD A10-5750M ES Richland APU

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Atom Ant, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Ansarogu

Ansarogu Newbie

Reputations:
    Ah man, an ES model would be awsome!

2. carlosdsc

carlosdsc Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it possible and safe to update my laptop toshiba satellite L845D A6-4400M processor to a A10-5750M?

3. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You should be able to do so, the BIOS may be an issue but someone here should be able to get you a solution to that.

4. cognus

cognus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    GANG I need help. Do any of you know how to build a bootable flash drive to recover from corrupt bios on one of these AMD motherboard systems? I have a HP G4-1117dx that seems to have somehow corrupted bios - no display but seems to POST up to a point then nothing. Tried the HP WindowsKey+B and +V BIOS copy recovery processes but no dice. I suspect that is the path for Intel-based systems. They have a way to build a recovery Stick for the Intel-based systems but so far have not found for AMD. Any clues would be appreciated

5. leonardo coutinho

leonardo coutinho Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys, help me in some thing, I bought an A8 5550m ES from Aliexpress, but seller send me an a10 4600m ES. I install it in my hp probook 6475b and boots fine, but when I install gpu driver(15.7.1 driver) all system crash. ES apus have an special driver or my apu is damaged? I will open an dispute with seller to receive my money back.

6. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Hello, here I go again

Reputations:
    Try to reinstall the windows, try a different version driver and if still crash, than trash. However if he sent 4600m instead 5550m, that is also a reason to send it back.

7. leonardo coutinho

leonardo coutinho Newbie

Reputations:
    I tested with Linux Ubuntu 17.10 and Windows 8.1 with 13.6 driver, and crash too. I think its trash cpu

8. Orof

Orof Newbie

Reputations:
    Just Upgraded my laptop to the A10-5750M (non-es)
    My laptop is the Samsung NP355V5C-01IL. Initially it came with an A6-4400M which was upgraded to an A10-4600M ES, which then was replaced by a normal A10-4600M. now iv'e upgraded it to the A10-5750M for 45$, and the first thing i noticed that it was HOT. my poor laptop couldn't handle the heat. so, like i did with the A10-4600M, i undervolted it using AMD Overdrive, and then AmdMsrTweaker to make it permenent. now runing at P0=35@1.125 P1=32@1.1 P2=28@1.05625 volts, and the laptop runs cool :D great chip! (can also lock the frequency at 3.2Ghz)
    see the full specs of the laptop here (also upgraded the TN LCD to an IPS LCD):
    Samsung NP355V5C-S01IL
    AMD A10-5750M @ 3.2Ghz (upgraded)
    LG 15.6 LP156WHA-SLL1 IPS (upgraded)
    PATRIOT 1600MHz CL9 16GB (upgraded)
    WD Black² Dual Drive 120GB+1TB (upgraded)
    AMD HD 8650G + HD 7670 1GB (upgraded)
    AR5B22 AR9462 WiFi + Bluetooth (upgraded)
    Samsung DVD Super Multi

i think im done for now.

Atom Ant likes this.
  9. Konstantinos karamperis

Konstantinos karamperis Newbie

Reputations:
  10. onPoint9

onPoint9 Newbie

Reputations:
    hey yo ppl. much thanks for shering your expiraiance ... its not so easy to find solutions for
    AMD APUs.. anyway

I had a problem with A10-5750m droping to 800mhz while gaming... your posts directed me for solving my own case..
    here is what i did:
    I used AmDmsrTweake.. Disabled Turbo core for more stability and lower temp. Lock rest of "P" (i guess its stands for power states) at 21x 0.9625V.. I guess its important that the lowest PowerStae, in my case P7 is not set on 8x... 8x its what making CPU work at 800mhz.. So i puted all on 21`x etc fire up a game and see instant FPS increase. But my laptop (lenovo g505s) shouted down after 10 mins of playing... so i figured out it have to be temperature auto shutdown, I took off the bottom hatch and put my laptop on two sohes boxes :D and putted small fan directly under CPU... Now the CPU its stabel on ~60* and i can finnaly play my game comfortable..

Still not sure if i my adapter puting enough Wats, and Still dont have proper driver for 5750m my device manager showing just 8650g.. i see two unrecognized devices, so i disabled it for seving fore wats...
    Back when i bought it from some kido i had 5750m and 8650g working corectly but i have made drivers update at some point and never agine found that previus driver...

Will try to chenge termo pasta and maby buying 135 wats adapter ... i found few avible at my market just for ~`20$
    If i will manage to lower the temperatures i will lock it on turbo core, leyts say 3ghz flat and see if i have enough power

For now im glad i can finnaly play my game at smooth FPS after few days battel with AMD confiusing stuff...
    I think nex time i go intel/nvidia combo xD

peace out

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
    Orof likes this.