Upgrading my weak Trinity Laptop with the strongest AMD A10-5750M ES Richland APU

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Atom Ant, Jun 5, 2013.

1. StrayHomeBoy

StrayHomeBoy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm.. Sounds easy enough. I'll try that

2. StrayHomeBoy

Reputations:
    I was thinking of trying your idea of using the bulk white thermal paste. Any ideas what brand and where I would find this? I found too many different types to know which was the one you were suggesting

3. lc1987

lc1987 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used gelid solutions extreme performance GC-3 without any issues. Oh boy is my laptop chilling 32-35 degrees doing everyday surfing and normal non gaming stuff.

4. StrayHomeBoy

Reputations:
    Which laptop are you using?

5. lc1987

Reputations:
    Hp envy m6

6. kwnc

kwnc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey mate, congrats. What happened with games? Did you overclock? I have still little problems with gta V. Fps drops while driving. Did you try with Gta V?

7. lc1987

Reputations:
    Right I had to reinstall everything but just got gta v installed without the overclock on my 7670 I'm getting min of like 22 odd times in the really built up area's I drop down to 16 for a split second but most of the time up at 30 but I'll post back more when I've got the gpu over clocked. I think its really just a driver issue though or game issue as the cpu is more than powerful enough and so is the the gpu tbh. I'm also going to test other games to see the improvement as I'm convinced it's just gta v that's being a donky for amd users

8. kwnc

kwnc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am getting same fps too with gta V. I agree with you. It looks like game isssue. Because cpu or gpu usage isn't %100. I thought maybe if you overclocked 3 or more ghz and you don't have this problem. Maybe this is ram or hdd problem, i don't know. While driving, ram or hdd can't read so fast maybe.

What driver do you use? I installed 15.5, a little bit better now. Maybe with some old drivers or settings, we can get over this problem. I will try with other dx versions. But i don't have much hope :D

9. lc1987

Reputations:
    I'll check it all out later when I get home and see what's what mate

10. lc1987

Reputations:
    Well I can rule out the hdd question as I'm running a Intel ssd. My cpu is hitting 100% but its running at 2.4ghz gpu is only hitting 80% tops which is odd but can't tell where it's pulling the figures for the gpu in game from as I've got a 2gb 7670 not a 1gb so that's quite a concern that even in duel graphics it's only showing as 1.5gb vram. Not got round to overclocking yet but if it's not using the vram as it's ment to then that's going to be limiting the frames. Someone tell me if I'm wrong but turning off duel graphics means it's using the 7670 not the apu right? That's the way it always appeared to me anyways when running other games and benchmarks.