Upgrading ASUS UX32VD Wireless Card - Antenna Connector Problem, Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by aznriptide859, Sep 10, 2013.

1. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can just grab this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/intel-dual...959129?hash=item3b39277ad9:g:x1YAAOSw-NldiboC

Supports BT4.0, AC and its plug and play, if you dont even have AC WiFi, its more than enough.

If you want the latest, you need an m.2 to mini PCIe adapter(and size/room to install the adapter and the new wifi card in the laptop), plus a pair of u.FL to MHF4 adapter cables, or just use a slightly older wifi card that will still be better than your current one.

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    The interface is compatible, just longer card. Check your laptop to see if you have the mounting screw option in the proper place. Of course I could be wrong. :)

3. signo3d

signo3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First of all thank you for helping out!
    RE the 7260 though, apart from the fact that there are few bad reviews online (with similar issues to what the 6235 had), as discussed here many times the original Intel 6235 has IPEX MHF4 connectors, while the Intel 7260 the U.FL connectors.

I am just looking for a straight "plug&play" type of upgrade.

Unless a version of the 7260 with mhf4 has been released???

4. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The one that I linked is mhf connectors, there is also a version with u.Fl connectors but I only ever saw those with m.2 interface, never in mPCIe.

WlanOptimizer is always a good companion to fix the driver related bugs in botb the 6235 and the 7260 Wi-Fi cards.

5. signo3d

signo3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well i bit the bullet and bought the aw 160h.
    Hopefully it wont take ages for it to arrive, will let you know, cheers for all your help.