Upgrading ASUS UX32VD Wireless Card - Antenna Connector Problem, Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by aznriptide859, Sep 10, 2013.

1. wilsact

wilsact Newbie

Reputations:

Any chance you still do these modded cards thenextdon13?

2. rabwin

rabwin Newbie

Reputations:
    I've just ordered the AW-CB160H for my ux32vd, shipping is going to take about 2-3 weeks.
    I will come back with pictures or video of the installation and speedtest results. See you guys soon :)

3. drjawa

drjawa Newbie

Reputations:
  4. RoryH

RoryH Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I bought these ones

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IPE...32726670961.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.ykuXLa

Although I might not use them as I also bought MHF4 antennas, but these adaptors seemed less bulky than the eBay ones which have that PCB board which I thought could get in the way.

5. RoryH

RoryH Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My AsusG750 upgrade from 2x2 to 3x3 AW-CB160H, only needed to use one of the supplied MHF4 antennas, and used the 2 built in antennas with adapters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drivers seem pretty stable, it's been working like the stock card so far. Great WiFi speeds!

[​IMG]

6. martin2

martin2 Newbie

Reputations:
    I found a 802.11ac card that should be an exact fit (ENL-B4356):
    EnLi 802.11ac/bgn 2x2 MIMO + BT 4.1 Broadcom BMC4356 Half-size MiniPCIe Wi-Fi Module with MHF4 Connectors
    http://www.embeddedworks.net/wlan708.html

Sadly, shipping to Europe is expensive for just one card.

[​IMG]

7. martin2

martin2 Newbie

Reputations:
  8. signo3d

signo3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, reviving an old thread.

I have a 7yo ux32vd with unfortunately a faulty Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wifi card.
    The card literally died out of the blue few days ago. Never really had issues before, I was probably one of the lucky ones.
    Tried to format win 7, exact same issues.

Now, I'm looking at replacing the card. What's the latest on the market in terms of compatibility?
    Reading this discussion and specifically the last few pages it seems that the AzureWave AW-CB160H 3x3:3 Wireless-AC is the best replacement.
    This 3rd central antenna though, is it really necessary? What does it actually do? High speed wifi only? Am I correct to say that if I'm not going to connect it I will be getting the same speed as the original card (so to speak a 2x2 rather than a 3x3)?

Otherwise is there something newer or better?

Last question and more important, is this a straight swap with no soldering or other modifications involved?
    Some MHF4 antennas connectors etc same everything??
    Cheers guys!

9. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Intel AX200 2x2 Wifi6. AC is on the way out.

10. signo3d

signo3d Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That sounds llvrry interesting. So you would recommend this one over the azurewave?
    Even if my router is not AC compatible, I mean does it really matter that this card is AX, so I need it? But Ehi it's cheaper than the azure wave so why not

EDIT
    Looking at photos on the Intel website if I compare the original 6235 and this ax200 they have a different interface so it does not look compatible. Unless there is a version that's fits but haven't seen it????
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019