Upgrade to vBulletin 4.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by Cleonard, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    On the last version of NBR, a person could see who repped them and the comments they left. Is that still possible on vBulletin 4.2.0?

2. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My profile -> reputation tab.

3. PatchySan

PatchySan Om Noms Kit Kat

Reputations:
    Yes, just go to Settings on the top right and you should see the reps received and given out by yourself.

4. niffcreature

niffcreature ex computer dyke

Reputations:
    ...Speaking of which, I just got an email because someone gave me a reputation comment. The email is the same as the "new private message" emails. This didn't happen before and doesn't really make sense. Any way to turn it off?

5. Yiddo

Yiddo Believe, Achieve, Receive

Reputations:
    Nothing would stop me using this site so I will not moan about the update even though I do not like it.

I will say that after 4 gin and tonics with ice and lemon I am really struggling to come to terms with the layout however...just my 2 cents....

6. funky monk

funky monk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Whoa ok. Major changes.

Seems a little cumbersome at the moment, but that's probably due to it being a new system and also that I'm not familar with it yet. What does bug me is that posts aren't sorted like they used to be when you make a search. What I used to do was to simply search my username, and it would give me a list of all the posts I ever made, with the new threads listed first, and with threads containing new posts listed in bold.

7. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think I'm getting used to it. I can distinguish between sigs and posts a lot easier now, I think maybe there's just a "training" period with every UI change. I know I've felt that way every time I've tried a new OS.

8. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree, an "NBR Dark" skin would be great. It's particularly a strain on the eyes early in the morning or in the evenings.

9. MrDJ

MrDJ Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    no reputation tab there. im using vB4 default style. let me check the other forum styles.

edit:
    strange one. wasnt showing on the default style but is on the nbr current style. changed back to default style and now the reps are showing in settings.

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'm not against change, but I'm having a hard time being efficient on this site so far.

A couple things on my mind:

(1) I liked the vertical avy bar on left. Too much space is consumed by Avy and other info at top imho. With 16:9 makes more sense to me to have avy bar on left. Is this possible with 4.2?
    (2) With the old NBR, I could search by user name, my own, and it would show all the posts that I contributed to in descending date order. Now I do that and it shows all posts that I've contributed to but it's not in date order, just some random order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.