Upgrade Hp omen 17 an016nc

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Rushmeplsnow, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Rushmeplsnow

Rushmeplsnow Newbie

Reputations:
    as the title says i want to upgrade to a new laptop once in 6 month max a year i get bored and i want better technology :D
    the model of the laptop is Hp omen 17 an016nc which comes with i7 7700hq gtx 1070 512 ssd 1tb hdd 120 hz panel.
    one of the things i don t like on this model is i had to do some tweaks cause it had cooling problems going to 90-95 celsius range. i used throttlestop to undervolt but i noticed sometimes i get minor spikes to some demanding cpu games (only the cpu throttles in normal circumstances)
    i dlike to know if 2018 models are better regarding cooling ect i haad previous owned a hp omen with gtx 1060 ,so i would like if possible a better model (cpu and gpu if possible)
    i live in EU so anything around EU is good cause Us taxes + vats are too high.
    If i find a good deal (if someone can help me with some links ) im willing to sell my actual Hp for a better one
    Im opened to refurbished/use]d laptops to get a better price
    thx in advance
    later edit: worth waiting for new card laptops maybe prices will drop on 2018 models ?!

2. Rushmeplsnow

Rushmeplsnow Newbie

Reputations:
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Too bad you're in Europe because I'm selling a laptop that would be right up your alley.

4. Rushmeplsnow

Rushmeplsnow Newbie

Reputations:
    what laptop

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Link is in my signature.

6. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies TG Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    CES 2019 is next week and it's expected there will be new graphics cards announcements ...right now there's nothing newer than what you have. So maybe plan on getting a notebook around end of Q1/start of Q2 with whatever is announced at CES.

Charles

custom90gt likes this.
  7. Rushmeplsnow

Rushmeplsnow Newbie

Reputations:
    Well i tend to buy laptops with 1 generation behind gpus as i stated i got a gtx 1070 laptop intended to go for a 1080.i bet the new rtx will have some skyrocket prices and it will be a lottery with the new models.i don t intent to throw 3000usd for a new laptop 1500-1700 is ok ish and i don t mind buying an used one from a trusted seller,i just want a working machine with no cooling problems/tweaks.so my budget is around 1500-1700 max.if someone knows any good websites with laptops i would appreciate it a lot that s why i made an account here,seems a legit forum

8. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi,

If you want to change your laptop every six months, you should probably aim for a cheaper device. HP, Acer and MSI make some of the best cheap gaming laptops on the market, so I suggest you go with one of these whenever you want to upgrade.
    Right now these are the latest models for your budget: noteb search. The search is for the European market.
    You can see and change the search parameters using the "Refine results" button in the upper-left part of the search results page. You can also click on the laptops for more information.

The cooling of the new Omen 15t is greatly improved over the older version but still needs some tweaking to work well. The problem is the fans kick in only after the processor reaches 85C or so. Also, the new 8750H processors run much hotter than the previous 7700HQ.

In the next three months, you should see laptops with the newer Intel 9th Gen processors (though they won't be much faster than the current 8th Gen) and with Nvidia RTX 2070, which will be much better (25% faster) than the GTX 1070 but also more expensive.

9. Rushmeplsnow

Rushmeplsnow Newbie

Reputations:
    Im not interested in 15 inch omen with 2000 euro overprice lets be serious idk what that site is about.im just looking for good real offers not new laptop i managed to find some on ebay but the vat taxes and shipping are exoebitant to Eu ,maybe i should try different ebay countries idk

10. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Oh sorry. I just thought to show you what is out there. Some of these laptops you could probably get for less if you buy used or refurbished. Regardless these would be the kind of laptops that you might consider an upgrade from your current laptop. Anything with a GTX 1070 usually runs for over 1200 euro even if bought used.