Upgrade Acer Aspire 8935g /8940g and NVIDIA QUADRO K2100M 2GB N15P-Q3-A1 GDDR5 Video Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Walter1970, Mar 7, 2017.

1. yamaha24

yamaha24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys :)

I am looking to here from you Walter about testing 8940g with k2100m and i7 940xm, because I bought 8942g with dead motherboard and want to change to motherboard from 8940 with your configuration :)

Can I ask how did you pay for k2100m from usa ?

2. Walter1970

Walter1970 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi. I was looking on ebay.ca and ebay.com, even ebay.de. If you find what you interested in, just check what countries shipment can be make. In fact, ebay showing you it as an additional cost.
    On polish bid service is in good price new 8940g:
    http://allegro.pl/nowa-plyta-glowna-acer-aspire-8940g-i6555608668.html
    £1 = 4.8 polish zlotych
    Even more interesting parts under 8940g search.
    The problem is with heatsink for this model, but 8942g sholud be close to fit. Maybe small amends needs. But:
    I found at ebay.de

3. Walter1970

Reputations:
    And now...
    No way to go Windows 10.
    1. Bios "Switchable mode". Windows 10 ok. Only Intel visible in Device Manager. Don't see other devices.
    2. In Bios "Discrete mode". During loading Win10, white blank screen - after 1 min. one bip like from Bios. Only Safe mode. In Safe mode Device menager see basic Windows card. By manualy instaling - latest from Nvidia webside, posibble, but during loading normal mode Win10 white blank screen again.
    Who knows drivers for Win 10 and way to work with Intel?

Windows 7 the same. Device Manager don't see new device k21100m.No way to putit to see with switchable mode in Bios.
    Windows 7 and discrete mode in Bios - white blan screen after few second loading windows 7.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  4. Walter1970

Reputations:
    @triturbo @valuxin @darnok44
    Help please.
    I can't run card in Windows 10 and 7.
    Switchable mode - Intel visible in Device manager, AIDA64 sees two of them - picture.
    Discrete mode - only run under Safe Mode (F8), possible instaling only drivers from Nvida. Not possible Dell,Lenovo others with k2110m driver for Windows 10. Not possible run Windows 10 normally.

Attached Files:

5. yamaha24

Reputations:
    Can You make printscreen in Device manager in discrete mode ?

6. Walter1970

Reputations:
    Hi
    Discrete mode load Win10 only in Safe mode. Then you see Standard graphic vga Microsoft. By manually instaling drivers is possible to instal last ones from Nvidia website. But when you restart in Normal mode it stops after few seconds with blank white screen. You can see it trays to do something but with no result. It is possible to switch off system by pushing power button - once, not hard restart. But after restartin stopping on white blank screen with no additional work. In Safe mode (F8) see properly.

7. yamaha24

Reputations:
    Maybe it is windows 7 or 10 fault ? Do you have Vista or oldest drivers for nvidia to try ? I was fighting with gts 250m in 8935g and without proprer bios in graphic card windows 7 didn't let me even install drivers.

8. Walter1970

Reputations:
    Hi
    How to flash proper bios in vga card without installing properly in any operation system in computer? Everything is so hard.
    The card has Dell's vBios, that was reported as a plug working bios.

9. darnok44

darnok44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Flash it in the DOS mode. The card just have to be recognise by bios to do that.

10. Walter1970

Reputations:
    Thats true. But somewhere in the forum I read that Dell vbios is good, plug and play working bios. Because this card is Dell's one...
    What is your opinion and recommendation?