updating Dell version of Samsung pm830 firmware

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by doa1530, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hammerfest

Hammerfest Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sweet sauce, first try from 02D1Q to 03B1Q for the 2 that where on it! with your file! (looking at structure, looks like it was the bloody .enc in the FW folder as well...)

I will have to read the forum again to see if its worth it to jump from 03D1Q to 03D1T, would be wonderful if i could get 03D1Q to 03B1Q, but if you have had no joy, I strongly doubt I would :D

Thanks again!

EDIT: bleh, you know if 03D1T has temp? I noticed flashing 03B1Q it now has Temp, where before on 02D1Q and 03D1Q dont...

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. Relik

Relik Newbie

Reputations:
    No problem. If you want to experiment as I did, you will find this tool useful: http://www.zibri.org/2015/05/online-samsung-ssd-firmware_6.html

It's a online encoder/decoder that will take the .ENC files and decode them. For example, the DSRD.enc file after decoding is a clear text file describing the new firmware parameters:

Code:
    <SSD>
    <SN>ALL</SN>
    <MOD>ALL</MOD>
    <CURFW>CXM03D1Q</CURFW>
    <NEWFW>CXM03D1T</NEWFW>
    <IFW>MCXNF.bin</IFW>
    </SSD>
    You can edit it and put it through that same tool again and it re-encodes it. This is what I tried to get the 03B1Q to upgrade from 03D1Q but it does not work. The firmware upgrade fails and you are left at the original firmware.

Good luck.