Updating audio driver and keeping dell audio panel

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by c69k, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have tried to update audio driver (latest non-DELL from Realtek page October edition), but after installing I lost dell audio panel which makes m14X sound good.

Is there a way to update to the newest Realtek sound driver and keeping the Dell audio panel other than using the April fool from M14X DELL download page?

UPDATE: I went to M11X R3 driver download page and downloaded their August driver for ALC 665, which is:

8/9/2011, version 6.0.1.6301, A01. Installed it and it works and keeps the dell audio panel. But still, August mmm ok.

2. alroar

alroar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    its problably not the driver version that make the sound better, but all the software optimizations that fake the sound (like lifting highs, pushing bass,...) to make it clearer.

[​IMG]

but further on, i have a Older driver verion 6.0.1.6291 date 14.01.2011. but i have the soundblaster option installed, maybe a different driver then.

3. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Alroar, thank you.

********SOLVED******

Ok, mystery in misty -kough- Amsterdam solved.

Went to Realtek, downloaded latest (October) driver again, installed, and now the Dell MAXX panel shows.

Installing the audio driver requires 2 restarts, I till now have been only restarting once, so that's why the missing bits of the driver. BlooHel 2 restarts???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.