1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

UPDATED (WITH VIDEOS): ENVY 4 / ENVY 6 Now Available; ENVY 13 SPECTRE XT Announced

Discussion in 'HP Envy & HDX' started by justinkw1, Apr 12, 2012.

1. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Summer 2012 ENVY ultrabooks & sleekbooks have been announced! The ENVY 4 and ENVY 6 is available now, and the ENVY 13 SPECTRE XT is coming soon.

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/influencer-summit (thanks PaKii94)

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDIin-feAqs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDIin-feAqs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

<hr>
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">ENVY 4 (ENVY 4-1XXX series)
    ENVY 4 Pro (ENVY 4-bXXX series)
    ENVY 6 (ENVY 6-1XXX series)
    </span>

Code:
    [System Information]
    SysId01=0x1894
    SysName01=HP ENVY 4
    SysId02=0x1895
    SysName02=HP ENVY 4
    SysId03=0x1896
    SysName03=HP ENVY 6
    SysId04=0x1897
    SysName04=HP ENVY 6

Updated April 26, 2012
    What is known so far:

Updated May 3, 2012

Updated May 9, 2012

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DILSpb3N4FA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DILSpb3N4FA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Official Product Pages

Now available for purchase:

<hr>
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">ENVY 13 SPECTRE XT (ENVY 13-2XXX series)
    ENVY 13 SPECTRE XT Pro (ENVY 13-bXXX series)
    </span>

Updated May 9, 2012

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/csnE51sRtiQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/csnE51sRtiQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Official Product Pages

2. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Anything info on the specs?

3. justinkw1

justinkw1 Super Moderator Super Moderator

Nope, nothing else right now except for the specific models that I mentioned above.

Just making a guess, but I think the ENVY 4 is a 14.5"-ish model and the ENVY 6 is somewhere in the 15.6" to 16.4"-ish range.

4. ratcherd

ratcherd Notebook Enthusiast

exciting times. i was happy to hear about the xps 15, now this. can't wait to see the specs!

the downside of this is my laptop "short list" keeps growing... time frame keeps getting pushed out.

5. Fat Dragon

Fat Dragon Just this guy, you know?

Looking to buy a new notebook this summer, and, a few gripes aside, I'm a big fan of my Envy 14. Good to know that there's a likely successor on the horizon. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

6. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

As good a guess as any.

Kind of weird to drop down to single digits, though. And why no "Envy 5"?

7. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Any idea if the ENVY with 7750M is from the ENVY 6 series?

8. SInC

SInC Notebook Consultant

I'd guess HP is following their naming scheme with the current and upcoming Pavilion laptops.
    6 being a 15.6" screen, and 4 being a 14".

9. Fat Dragon

Fat Dragon Just this guy, you know?

If they really are 14 and 16 inch models, you wonder how well they'll sell - that would give us 5 different Envy models at the same time (17 3D is really just a screen upgrade), in 14" ultrabook, 14", 15", 16", and 17" screen sizes. I'm all for choice, but they'd be cannibalizing their own sales, not a good thing for them or the consumer.

Then again, the new naming scheme might suggest that the 4 and 6 will be going in a different direction from current Envys. Probably a crock, though - HP's Envy division has always put marketing first.

10. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter - Super Moderator

Nice find Justin, and please keep us posted as to what else you dig up related to these new ENVY models.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they're more Ultrabooks. I can't see why HP would release another ENVY 15 / 17 style machine when they were just updated. And Intel is promising to help push and market any and all Ultrabook releases (spending more money than any other marketing campaign in 10 years), so why wouldn't HP ride the coat tails of Chipzilla -- make more of what Intel wants and get some free marketing dollars? Furthermore, Intel just said this week that 75 Ultrabooks are on their way and 50% of them will be 14" or more. I know Dell has a couple of 14" Ultrabooks lined up for the summer, Lenovo will be releasing a couple of 14" $699 Ultrabooks in June/July and then more later in the year. HP needs a nice looking consumer oriented Ultrabook under $1,000 and I believe these models will be it.

I might be wrong, I posted about this news here and linked back to Justin as the source, I guess we'll know in a month or two as more information becomes available.

11. PaKii94

PaKii94 Notebook Virtuoso

yay exciting news...why does it have to be ultra books... why cant they be the gaming division of envy :D

12. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Evangelist

Ultra book is just a fancy name. Many laptops are now being labeled "ultra books" despite not meeting all the criteria Intel laid out last year. It's a misleading effort to make people think they're getting something special on top of a notebook.

13. plagues

plagues Notebook Enthusiast

Aw man, I knew this was going to happen. I just bought an Envy 15 (which I am actually very happy with so far)! I'm at least interested in seeing what they'll be like

14. FM Bomb Saw

FM Bomb Saw Notebook Consultant

Yeah, I just purchased my Envy 17 about a month ago.. Oh well :p I'm still loving this machine! ^.^

And... My guess would be something along the lines of either ultrabooks or gaming laptops..

15. HenrikBalsnes

HenrikBalsnes Notebook Enthusiast

Screw Envy 4 and Envy 6, where's my Envy G?

16. SInC

SInC Notebook Consultant

Can you give an example of this? I haven't heard of an ultrabook-labeled laptop failing Intel's requirements.

17. PaKii94

haha thats wat im talking about :cool:

18. PaKii94

i think this is just gonna be the renaming of the new envy designs. (the envy 3000s were prototype prolly to test the market). otherwise, if they were ultra books, wouldnt they go with thier naming of "spectre"? I really do hope its their gaming line :p

19. nMIK-3

nMIK-3 Notebook Evangelist

Envy 4 probably a 14'' Ivy Bridge (?)
    Envy 6 probably a 16'' Ivy Bridge like the old HDX line (?)
    If that's true, where is the 17'' Envy 7 (?)

20. arod20832

arod20832 Notebook Geek

I want ENVY 7