Unofficial Acer Predator 21X Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by porky133, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I thought it was a sniper suitcase just like Agent 47 has.

porky133 likes this.
  2. porky133

porky133 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    With only three hundred units, I doubt Acer will order any soft cases. I'm LAN partying this weekend, so trial by fire.

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    such a shame, had they gone socket hardware this would be less obsolete. 6 cores cpu this yr, 8 cores cpu 2nd half of next year, this laptop stuck at 4 cores forever along with a dead end mobo.

it'll be nice if acer decided to update the insides of this machine with a new mobo, heatsink redesign and all socketed hardware, thats a buy for me if it happens, big IF.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    @ole!!! latest Intel CPUs can only be upgraded within same generation anyway.

hmscott likes this.
  5. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    thats correct, and thats the fault and greed on intel's part. however it doesnt change fact that acer can easily go MXM with a possible upgrade to next gen GPU, offer more storage bay in that giant chassis and using a desktop CPU and still have room to cool it, while charging the same amount, even if cost more it is justified with 2-3x cpu performance.

now we know this is acer's first time and some of us were really hoping they'll take feedback and make the next laptop real high end. so we did go over some details with their marketing team but doesnt look like they will listen so there we have it, comes down to onetime thing as an advertisement for their company.

Vasudev and Starlight5 like this.