Unofficial Acer Predator 21X Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Acer' started by porky133, Aug 28, 2017.

1. porky133

porky133 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, smaller compared to the wheeled monstrosity that the "laptop" came in. I'll check around and see about the custom luggage. That was a good idea! Thanks!

If the inside of the case were actually designed better, it would all fit on one level and not be so darn big. That would be another option to consider, I guess.

2. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know of 2 places

Hard cases
    http://www.south-pak.com/solutions/custom-cases/

Soft cases/bags
    http://www.bearseusa.com/bags-packs/more-bags-packs/

3. porky133

Reputations:
    I got a reply back from South-Pak and they can do a custom job. But they did some research and the case that the 21X ships in is a Pelican 1650 case. After looking inside it again, I don't think a smaller case will do. The laptop takes up almost the entire footprint except for a two inch buffer all around it.

I do however think I'll order the Pick a Size foam inserts and reconfigure it to allow the power bricks to be stored in the holder as one unit and then I'll have space for accessories.

Bearseusa is only taking orders for lots of 250 and up. I just need one.

ThatOldGuy likes this.
  4. ThatOldGuy

Reputations:
    I do a bit of backpacking, and it occurs to me that it may also be worth considering a framed backpack. A properly supported backpack can easily take the weight (and not bother your back as they can take up to 75lbs typically)

Simply modify the main compartment with foam inserts. I think it may be more convenient to through it on your back than wheel it around

https://www.amazon.com/Kelty-Yukon-...door-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1505487233&sr=1-7

Vasudev likes this.
  5. porky133

Reputations:
    Another good idea. Thanks. I'll take some measurements and see if I can find one that it will fit in. Also, backpacks have pockets for power supplies and accessories!

6. porky133

Reputations:
    Full size.jpg Still working on a more portable carry case. Will update when I find something. Now to the next thing. I noticed fingerprints on the lid from opening and closing it. So I took a microfiber cloth and some Windex. Now I have this. Any suggestions?

7. ThatOldGuy

Reputations:
    Vinegar is an Acid. Try something more Base to clean off residue. A cloth damp with soapy water.

8. porky133

Reputations:
    OK, I'll try that.

Now, I found a soft case that I think would hold the laptop, power bricks and a mouse. Problem is they want over $500 for it. I also found several hard cases, but they either cost several hundred dollars or they don't save on the weight of the original case. So for now I'm back to looking at carry on luggage and backpacks.

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Please post links to the ones you have found, it would be interesting to find sources for such luggage, thanks! :)

10. porky133

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.