Unlocked bios 05 - impressing

Discussion in 'Alienware 14 and M14x' started by c69k, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just checked in the bios, there is an option to disable IGP. Have not tried it though.
    Re. Forcing SATA 2, I am not sure.

2. madmantm

madmantm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For the folks who would want to try to disable the IGP, don't try it, i had to reset my bios and got nice beeps saying i ed it up ;)

now everything is in order.
    just be careful with what options you will try

3. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes exacly lol, I googled H2o and its menus -- nothing -- will serach more. I really maybe can sort out my Win7 SSD startup problems. I so far used the fan-speed-temperature tweaks, OC'd my processor a bit, memory to 1600. Other things I tried but only those I was familiar with (at least 50%). I will continue googling. MAYBE Port 0 6Gbps can be (fully) enabled or at least tweaked. My first post now includes screens from the bios.

4. GQ Ukyo

GQ Ukyo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are we able to reflash back to the official A05 BIOS in case for warranty returns?

*edit* OP poster on the other site did state we can probably just flash back the official BIOS.

5. madmantm

madmantm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well i flashed back to dell AO5, like it said, the menus are unlocked, but have not been tested.

6. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone knows where the unlocked bios options are explained i.e. what they do? I searched the net, but found NOTHING. I have a SATA III speeds SSD, but M14X seems after installing Intel RST only give me SATA II speeds, stable though. Could there be a switch?

SOLVED. M14X runs stable SATA 6Gbps speeds now. Uninstalled RST (of course). Either disable c states, or enable storage break point or both in unlocked Bios.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ali...abled-disabled-discussion-30.html#post7976953

7. mathieucarbou

mathieucarbou Newbie

Reputations:
    Does it mean that there is no way to "hide" the IGP and switch by default to the NVIDIA Optinus card so that Ubuntu Linux detects only one graphic card ?

8. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    So this bios is pretty much awesome. I was able to turn off HT with this and reduce the heat output by a few degrees when gaming... Lots of stuff to play with. I only wished they had a way to reduce the voltage going to the CPU, that way we could undervolt...

9. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In power settings there is pri plane power limit set at 896. Do you know anything about this??

10. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    From what I can tell, it changes the amount of amps that the processor is allowed to use. I will play around with it and get back to you with what it changes (helps or hurts).

maybe I'm retarded, but i do not see this setting? Where is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.