Undervolting

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by doofus99, Jun 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have had a couple of crashes with my undervolting and think it happened at idle speeds so I am thinking may be we need to undervolt based on a curve, ie less undervolt at low frequencies and more undervolt at high frequencies. Has anyone done this and how ?

c69k likes this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just add some MV again, you can't really control the voltage control when its on adaptive. Also I have a question for you via PM.

3. ijozic

ijozic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, I have these too (system thread or kernel exception not handled) with -0.100V. Most of the times it happened when I left my computer idle for 10-15 minutes. Yesterday it happened with -0.75V, too so I'll have to go higher than that.

Of course, here I presume that some driver is not the culprit, but WhoCrashed didn't point to any. On the other hand, I kept from updating to Intel Thermal framework 8.3 which I see says that it has some Win10 Fall Creators update support added, so perhaps there is some incompatibility problem there.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  4. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I found out that -150mV was not as stable as the -140mV which seems to be holding out great.

hmscott likes this.
  5. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey! I'm considering this machine for work and was wondering if you could run cinebench r15 mutlicore test?

hmscott likes this.
  6. captn.ko

captn.ko Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Stock 4.3ghz score.
    43new.jpg

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Why you don’t run stock clocks (48-46-45-44-44-43) for stock bench? Due put/run lowest possible voltage? I have seen the same for your other clocks/bench. If I want 45, 46 or 47 I still use max multi for rest of clocks. I only switch 6 core multi. Aka all other will always be above.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    KY_BULLET likes this.
  8. captn.ko

Reputations:
    is it a crime to do so? I could but i want fix clocks for all threads. If i want a higher clock than i adjust it. A clock only usable with 1 or 2 Threads is useless for me.

hmscott likes this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    I call it down clocking. Equal clocks will be as max multi. See... All equal multi 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 or 53 all 6 cores. Stock is stock as explained above. Stock clocks is the power saver profile. Almost never used.

Edit. Can you disable Thermal Velocity boost? Aka for stock.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. captn.ko

Reputations:
    come on bro... salty that you cant flame the ,,wimpy, BGA turdbook,, score anymore?

A discussion with you is absolutly senseless... As long as a BGA score is lower than yours ur the first one entering a thread and flame...but if a wimpy BGA Turdbook is matching your score.....u say nothing... ^^ its funny

hmscott likes this.