1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

undervolting geforce 8400m gs 256mb pci-e (hp dv6910el)

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by paul85_ro, Sep 2, 2011.

1. paul85_ro

paul85_ro Notebook Enthusiast

hello all! at the first I want to say great jobe all! sorry for my english but lets get to the problem.
    I have a hp dv 6910el that give me same problem overhiting but I have done the cooper mod, clean the vents and downvolt the cpu and I manage to do a well jobe. I can't downvolt my gpu because I can't damp or backup my v-bios. witn cpu-z 0 results and nibitor 0kb of backup.rom. please help my. my gpu is 58-62°c surfing the net and playing is 72-75°c (10°c lower after cooper mod and cleanig).
    with my cpu after thermalpast and cooper mod (mecanical jobe) I obtain 74°c under stress and now my cpu after undervolting obtain 10x 0.9625V a temp of 62°c full load. and my ambient temp is 35°c (living in Sicily, Italy in sumer time outside is 40°c)

2. paul85_ro

hello!! somebody can help.

3. MahmoudDewy

MahmoudDewy Notebook Evangelist

I dont think these temps are anything to worry about considering the insane ambient temperature

4. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

74C is about 20 degrees from what you could call overheating.

You're fine.

5. paul85_ro

ok but I want a cool lapyn. my cpu is 45-50°c idle and my gpu is 58-60°c idle and want to make it go lower (for temp not my grafic power gest volts for run cooler).
    I know that I am runig at 74°c on full load but is not prety if I can get 10-15°c lower and safe the batery for more time.

6. MahmoudDewy

maybe powermizer aint working so your GPU doesn't downclock/downvolt in 2D-Idle mode ... check that with GPU-Z ... a friend of mine had that problem with 8600GT and certain drivers

7. paul85_ro

no my 8600m gs make in 2d 1.15 and 3d 1.32 I whant to make it lower

8. paul85_ro

sorry 8400m gs

9. hockeymass

hockeymass that one guy

You're not going to get it much cooler than it is right now. I mean it's idling at 5-10 C above ambient, that's not bad.

10. MahmoudDewy

as Hockeymass mentioned & as I mentioned in my first post your ambient temperature is quite huge so ur GPU idle temp aint that bad to give u an example on my 0.9 v idle voltage & ambient room temp of 23~25 C my GPU idles at 40~45 C & all the way up to 50 in light load ... so once again I think yours aint that badly especially for 1.15 volts & ambient temp of 40 C

11. paul85_ro

ok guys tanks. I hoped to do a liter more for having a litter more batery suport.
    I hoped to do this for make more batery timp.
    btw thanks.

12. paul85_ro

at this time I have 25°c ambient and my gpu is 58 and over the night is 56-57°c doing nofing at all.

13. MahmoudDewy

ok as it aint alarming but it is still quite high ... are u sure no one at HP sub-forum didn't try to tinker with that Vbios ?

14. paul85_ro

I not sure but I have seen the vcard tinker on this forum and I made the question.