Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by inperfectdarkness, May 31, 2017.

1. inperfectdarkness

inperfectdarkness Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My fan was making more of a grinding/buzzing noise. As if the bearing had gone bad. Spinning it with a finger, it would not operate as smoothly as the CPU fan did. I was able to get it running after blasting it with compressed air, but the bearing problem remained--hence why i sent it in for service.

Again, if I could have replaced the fan assembly myself--I would have attempted it...or at least had a local repair shop attempt it. Gigabyte didn't even give me this option.

iambalaji likes this.
  2. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    ***Update***

So I'm going to keep this thread alive. GPU fan is now buzzing softly again. About like it did before when I first noticed it...as it got progressively worse to the point where it just died.

Sound is distorted, muddled, and cracks while playing any games. I don't remember if I ever had this fixed before--but that's how I got it back from the factory--and it's just atrocious. Doesn't matter if it's headphones or speakers. Streaming seems fine--gameplay is a no-go.

Wi-Fi is dropping very regularly. It's horribly bad. I had my MSI in this same location for over a month without issue. After cycling the router/modem a few times, rebooting the PC, flipping on/off the wifi antenna...I'm convinced it's the laptop.

I'm convinced I have had a $1800 near-paperweight foisted upon me--and I will warn off everyone I can of how utterly rubbish these are. Not only is the build quality bad; not only does tech support lie to me; not only did the factory repair tech not properly secure the fan so it would actually work; but getting an actual support rep to talk to me directly (i.e. answer their freaking phone)--doesn't happen.

At least with MSI, you knew that their top-end gaming rigs had the best/newest stuff. With gigabyte, I can only assume that what I have is par for the course. And I would be remiss to recommend gigabyte's laptop/notebooks to anyone at this time. They are a LONG, LONG way from quality.

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If possible get a refund, that is what I did. bought it from amazon. Returned it after 3 months due to bad build quality issues. Never Gigabyte for me again.

4. inperfectdarkness

Reputations:
    I never considered it, but I guess that would be an alternative. Unfortunately, it's 6+ months old now...so I doubt that's an option. Going to keep it and pray. But I will never buy Gigabyte laptops again...and I'll be all too happy to steer others well clear of their debacle.