Ultraportable with DX10 Graphics ?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by SupraSkylineSTI, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupraSkylineSTI

SupraSkylineSTI Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was wondering if something of this sorts exists....
    A notebook with a 12.1 inch screen or smaller with an 8-series video card from nvidia.. I've been searching and have found no luck.

Thanks.

2. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The Dell XPS 1210 is the only one I can think of from the top of my head.

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't have DX10 graphics.

EDIT 2: You can check out the Sager NP7250 (Clevo M72R), it's a 12.1" that's not out yet, but it's priced well and has the Santa Rosa chipset inside. There's no info on the graphics card of it, but if you can wait 'till September for news about this notebook, maybe you can keep tabs on it and see what it offers.

3. zadillo

zadillo Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah, GeForce 7400 though.

To the original poster; if you can deal with 13.3", the XPSM1330 and Sony SZ6xx series both are available with GeForce 8400M GS graphics. So far I don't think I've seen any 12" or smaller machines with dedicated graphics.

-Zadillo

4. admlam

admlam Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
  5. RogueThunder

RogueThunder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Edit: Guy above me, Niiiiice. Thats about what hes looking for. /Edit.
    *shakes his fist* Hey now, thats insulting to my old Sony v505dc1p! It has a wopping 9200m in it! Its... dedicated... really... Ancient, but dedicated. :p

As for the 8000 series... Keep an eye on sony/leveno/panasonic, they're all noted to have shoved low end dedicateds in 12in in the past(although... panasonics toughbooks tend to be over sized for their screen, and pricey... they're durable too)

That said, don't expect even a 8600gs to actually play DX10 games in DX10 most likely... Looking even as good as in dx9 mode, that is... Its a sad thing, I know, but... Probably the truth.

6. zadillo

zadillo Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think the problem with Sony at least is that the only 12" machine they make currently is the super ultra thin G series, and that isn't going to have dedicated graphics of any sort.

The SZ series has basically taken the place of the older S series, and is exclusively 13.3" screens, with an 8400MGS.

-Zadillo