UltraNav Middle Click Button & Scroll

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MidnightSun, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegatron

Omegatron Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I install Marble Mouse on a Thinkpad T410, it doesn't work. It gives me scroll functionality when I hold down the middle button and use the touchpad, but not when I hold down the middle button while moving the trackpoint. It will scroll a few lines and then stop, sometimes going up when I move down and vice versa, sometimes running away and scrolling way down the page. Is this a conflict between Marble mouse and ultranav? Can I reinstall ultranav if I uninstall it?

2. Pintu

Pintu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Marble Mouse and Ultranav worked fine when I tried it. Yes, you can reinstall Ultranav, just use System Update or download it from Lenovo's driver matrix page. By the way, I use the AutoHotKey Script from this post as I find it a tad more reliable.

3. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm going crazy with a similar problem. My problem is that Middle Click stops the Trackpoint cursor. Touchpad works fine.

I'm trying to explain it on Lenovo's forums:
    Newest UltraNav driver brakes native windows middl... - Lenovo Community

Here is my post from that forum:
    So here is the sample application I made:
    Button Tester (source code included, in case you are afraid of a virus)

Can you try if you can draw with the middle button using the TrackPoint? For me it doesn't work with Lenovo's driver.

4. primordius

primordius Newbie

Reputations:
  5. Pintu

Reputations:
    A thread discussing TPMiddle is linked on page 3 of this thread. Anyway, I like Marek's program, but the problem is that it does not allow adjusting the scrolling speed, i.e. it uses the Windows default setting, e.g. 3 rows per "wheel". Consequently it is way to sensitive, at least for me. I asked Marek a while ago if he would be able to implement some speed adjustment and he said he would think about it.

6. msafi

msafi Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As far as I know, Marek's app doesn't mess with the scroll speed at all. All it does is send a middle click when the middle button of the TrackPoint is used.

Since we're here talking about this, I'd really like to express how much I appreciate this little app that Marek made for the ThinkPad community. It's a life saver. Thank you so much Marek!

7. zhaos

zhaos Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At least for opening tabs using the middle click, I've become used to navigating the trackpoint with my right hand and being able to control+click on links.

8. daniel0731ex

daniel0731ex Newbie

Reputations:
    Really sorry for the old bump, but I'm looking for a similar solution as well.

Marek's solution is excellent, fits my need almost perfectly except for one little thing: I don't really press down my middle button firmly when I scroll, so usually it kind of "bounces" when I press it. Since Marek is using timeout to distinguish middle clicks and scrolling, it's really annoying when I scroll halfway and suddenly registers a middle click when I don't want to.

If Marek's program can be changed to count movements (as the script in the first page) rather than timeout, that would be the perfect solution for me. Could someone modify Marek's program or write a script that does the same thing?

9. Pintu

Reputations:
    Hi, sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean with not pressing the middle button "firmly"...either you press it (and it is registered as pressed) or you don't. It's not touch sensitive.

10. daniel0731ex

daniel0731ex Newbie

Reputations:
    It appears that the Ultranav buttons on my T430 uses a membrane switch instead of a microswitch. This likely why it feels better than most other mouse buttons, but has the drawback of bad contact if there's not enough pressure. Most keyboards provide this pressure with the rubber dome, but the ultranav buttons seems to be not very tactile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.